Vortex Vipers?

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
6x6 bull
3 point
3 point

Vortex Vipers?

Post by 6x6 bull » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:57 am

Does anyone have a set of these? What do you think about them? I am looking at the 10x42 model and saw that they got a high ranking in some ratings. It said that you would have to go up to the $1400 class to find better. I know Swaro's are better but for a guy that is hard on Bino's this just might be what I am looking for in the $550 price range.

Tonoonyi
3 point
3 point

Re: Vortex Vipers?

Post by Tonoonyi » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:14 am

I bought my wife a pair last year, I would tell you that for the money you won't find any better. They are light very clear and have a warranty that can't be beat.

The Razor is slightly better glass but you will be hard pressed to see the difference, the Razors are considerably heavier and cost $300 dollars more.

Vipers are very good.
Keep your nose in the wind and your eyes along the skyline.

DeadI

Post by DeadI » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:48 am

I have a pair. Bought them in 2008. Love them. Have not had a problem with them, and you can not go wrong with there warrenty.
Deadi

6x6 bull
3 point
3 point

Post by 6x6 bull » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:19 am

I looked at the Razors but they were ranked two spots lower than the Vipers and cost you about $300 bucks more. Either would be an upgrade over my Nikon Monarchs that ranked 35th. Here in the Midwest that is all of the glass that I have needed. Climbing in and out of treestands takes it toll on bino's quickly. Lots of tree bark in the eyepiece ect. I need better for out west but don't want to spend $850 when something for $550 is as good or better.