sacrifice?

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
amp713
2 point
2 point

sacrifice?

Post by amp713 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:56 pm

So i was looking at the badlands sacrifice but have heard some stories about problems hauling out meat. I really wanted it for the weight and the fact that its over the 3000 mark. I will be using my pack for backcountry bow hunting and if later seasons are like this years i would worry about leaving most of my meat on the hill while i packed out camp to come back with another pack for meat.
Anyone tagged out while using this pack??

should i just get the 2800???
Do not follow where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

tibbshooter
Fawn
Fawn

Re: sacrifice?

Post by tibbshooter » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:36 pm

It does a great job of packing out meat! I used it this last weekend to pack out a decent sized mule deer. The pack fits great and can take a lot of weight. It does work well for backcountry hunting, but I don't know if you could get your camp and meat out all at once... Unless you wanted to tie a game bag to it, which would be possible, but I don't know how it would take that weight...

camodup
3 point
3 point

Post by camodup » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:47 pm

Horn Hunter Full Curl.. this pack works magic :thumb
thedailyhuntandfish.com

Pro Staff for Northern Utah Waterfowl
Duck Junkies Field Staff

amp713
2 point
2 point

Post by amp713 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:21 am

how full was your pack when you took the deer out?

and the full curl weighs soooooo much more than the sacrafice which is the reason im really looking towards it.....
Do not follow where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

jarheadhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by jarheadhunter » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:20 pm

I looked at them awhile ago and didn't like it because like all there Hypervent packs it squeeks when you move with it. Just my .02
jarhead

I'd rather be hunting!

Bowhuntrben
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Bowhuntrben » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:49 am

I recently ordered the Sacrifice, but I am cancelling the order and going with a Mystery Ranch.

tibbshooter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by tibbshooter » Mon May 30, 2011 10:02 pm

Hauled out a mule deer last year with it and it was great! The straps really help secure the load tightly to your body! The great thing about the pack is that you can use it as a day pack too because it is so light. It is very affordable and you don't have to have multiple packs. I really wish the pack had a quick release like eberlystock has available on their packs. The fabric is not the quietest, but for how light the pack is, it is not that bad of a sacrafice. The back pockets could be larger to fit a spotting scope with more ease. Very well designed pack for a 4 day hunt max, unless you are hunting with a partner!