anyone have problems with the 'fit' of the badlands 2200?

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
steve8410
Spike
Spike

anyone have problems with the 'fit' of the badlands 2200?

Post by steve8410 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:11 am

so i finally went out and bought one, tried it on in the store and it felt great....last weekend went out both days and i dont feel like i can get it to fit right.

maybe im just too skinny, im 6'1, 180 lbs and the waist belt digs into my hips bad, at times i can get it comfortable and then it hurts again later...after this weekend both sides of my hips are bruised. i also have the waist belt pulled tight all the way and could maybe use a little more....i did read that if you send it in to badlands they will do modifications on it within reason.

gonna mess with it some more on wednesday when i get home, see if i can get it to fit better than what i have......just wondering if anyone else had issues like this, otherwise i might return it if the store will still take it back.

Milesaway
Fawn
Fawn

Re: anyone have problems with the 'fit' of the badlands 2200

Post by Milesaway » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:32 pm

I hate to say it but Badlands are really uncomfortable for me. After an hour I always have a sore back, even with light loads. I choose to carry my Eberlestock when hunting and I love it. Super comfortable and will hold a ton of weight. Blue Widow is the pack for me.

jarheadhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by jarheadhunter » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:07 pm

Well I am 6'1" as well and 175lbs. I havent had a problem with mine hurting me. I tighten the waist strap as far as it can go before it runs out of adjustment and I still could go a little further I think. Maybe thats why I have more of the weight on my shoulders than my waist. Maybe you should give that a try. My step dad has the same one and we both love it. I tried an Eberlestock pack and I couldn't stand it. It weighed almost 9 lbs before I even put anything in it. After I put a boned out deer in there it rubbed my lower back raw. Hope that helps.
jarhead

I'd rather be hunting!

steve8410
Spike
Spike

Post by steve8410 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:30 pm

well i just exchanged it for the eberlestock X2, it seems extremely comfortable but i havent taken it out hunting yet due to this awesome blizzard we are having right now in utah. what a bummer i was hoping to get out this morning and tomorrow.

when i exchanged the guy told me he had problems with his and that badlands packs for him seem to take awhile to break in. either way i was in too much pain with this pack to risk it eventually breaking in, if it didnt i would be out $220 with a pack i couldnt use. hopefully this X2 works out, it's a bit smaller but the 2200 but should be the perfect size for a day pack.