Which Spotting Scope???

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
hntmaster24
Fawn
Fawn

Which Spotting Scope???

Post by hntmaster24 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:32 pm

Im looking to buy a spotting scope for longe range spotting in open burns. I've narrowed it down between the Leupold SX-1 Ventana 15-45x60mm and the Vortex Nomad 20-60X60. What do you guys think????

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Which Spotting Scope???

Post by MuleyMadness » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:15 pm

Don't know much about Leupold Spotters, but I like my Vortex.

hntmaster24
Fawn
Fawn

Post by hntmaster24 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:43 pm

How is the clarity of the vortex nomad at 600-1000 yards?

Endrio
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Endrio » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:44 am

I think it's time for me to start looking at another rangefinder... my Nikon 550 gives readings on buildings,cars, etc. but I can't for the life of me get a good reading when I'm out in the field at all. If I'm inside 100 yards, it'll give me a reading no problem, but past that and it's up to my judgement. I checked my warranty and it was only a year coverage and I'm about 6 months overdue. So with that being said.... what rangefinder has worked best for you? I'm looking to maybe spend around 250-300. I know the quality probably goes up quite a bit with the price, but that's my budget for now.
FSL::

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:50 am

Honestly, I would still contact nikon on your other range finder ,give them the chance to make it right before you spend your hard earned money on another one.

Endrio wrote:I think it's time for me to start looking at another rangefinder... my Nikon 550 gives readings on buildings,cars, etc. but I can't for the life of me get a good reading when I'm out in the field at all. If I'm inside 100 yards, it'll give me a reading no problem, but past that and it's up to my judgement. I checked my warranty and it was only a year coverage and I'm about 6 months overdue. So with that being said.... what rangefinder has worked best for you? I'm looking to maybe spend around 250-300. I know the quality probably goes up quite a bit with the price, but that's my budget for now.

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:50 am

Honestly, I would still contact nikon on your other range finder ,give them the chance to make it right before you spend your hard earned money on another one.

Endrio wrote:I think it's time for me to start looking at another rangefinder... my Nikon 550 gives readings on buildings,cars, etc. but I can't for the life of me get a good reading when I'm out in the field at all. If I'm inside 100 yards, it'll give me a reading no problem, but past that and it's up to my judgement. I checked my warranty and it was only a year coverage and I'm about 6 months overdue. So with that being said.... what rangefinder has worked best for you? I'm looking to maybe spend around 250-300. I know the quality probably goes up quite a bit with the price, but that's my budget for now.

live_2hunt
Fawn
Fawn

Post by live_2hunt » Mon May 16, 2016 3:39 am

I have a Vortex Nomad 20-60x50 and it is alright, granted it is an older piece of glass, but it works well for me. I think that any of the three spotters you are looking at will be good for you as long as you have a solid tripod underneath it. From my experience with the Nomad, 600 yards is not a problem, but 1000 can be tough to get clear unless the scope is rock solid.