Vortex Optical Quality

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
AmericanBwana
Spike
Spike

Vortex Optical Quality

Post by AmericanBwana » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:57 pm

Just a short un-official note from a recent Marine Corps field test
The optical quality on the Vipers was, to say the least, impressive. We had five different styles of binos to compare (Vortex Viper, Steiner Merlin, Leupold Cascade, Burris Fullfield, and Bushnell H2O). All of the binos were 8 x 42 roof prism models. The Vipers’ optical brightness was easily the best, and clarity/crispness of image was at least as good as the others. I’ll give you one anecdote by way of example. We had a Marine Gunnery Sergeant who is a sniper by trade – he knows what good optics look like. He had not heard of Vortex before, and was under the impression they were a “cheapo” model. He was comparing them to his Swarovski binos, and really getting irritated that he couldn’t tell any difference in the brightness and image quality between them. I heard him “muttering” about it, and asked him what he was doing. He said – “I must be losing my eyesight – I can’t tell any difference between these cheap Vortex binos and my Swarovskis!” I told him the Vipers were not el cheapo binoculars, and explained how I found out about them. Needless to say, he was very impressed with their quality.
The binoculars are tested to 1 (30 feet) atmosphere for 30 minutes for waterproofness, have a .002 manufacturing tolerance on the 6061T aluminum housing, and are either Argon or Nitrogen purged to be fog proof. The optics are sealed using O rings, and there is no plastic anywhere in the body or internals.

AB
Searchable Online Colorado Hunting Statistics
http://www.gmuresearch.com

9er
Monster
Monster

Post by 9er » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:44 pm

To all,

I just bought me a pair of Vortex Razors from AmericanBwana, he is a great guy to deal with and was fast in his shipping! Give him a call if ya want some good optics!

9er

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:38 pm

AB,

Great story and read and GREAT NEWS! Thanks for the update. Couldn't agree more. I also got a pair of Razors through AmericanBwana and couldn't be happier. I LOVE these BINOS!! 10sign: