binoculars

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
IDdesertman
Fawn
Fawn

binoculars

Post by IDdesertman » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:10 pm

I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times but..... I've been looking for a new set of binos somewhere around $500. My favorite so far has been Leupold pinnacles. I've looked at Cabela's alaskan guides, Pentax DCF WPs, Nikon monarchs, and a bunch of others I cant recall off hand. Any last minute suggestions of binos to check out before I get the Leupolds(no more than $500-$600)?

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:04 pm

hold out just a bit till some of the guys reply, this has came up alot. alot of answers . i know a bunch of guys here really like the VORTEX bino's. my only sugestion is that if you get the leapolds then spend a bit more and get their GOLDRING models. i've seen multple occasions of their cheaper models not being that great. the longgevity[ spelling??] is the biggest issue ive seen with their lesser models. i think your better going with a cheaper brand and getting their top model verses moving up to a better brand but getting their cheaper line[ i dont know if that makes sence (???) ] anyway a side note, if you are going to buy a new pair i'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" spend as much as your budget can afford! you will never regret getting a good pair. i have a pair of Leica Trinovids that i absolutly love! i spent the money 1 time about 9 yrs ago and i still have the best set of bino's i could ask for.
But do wait till some guys answer about these Vortex, i know absolutly nothing about them but it sounds like alot of guys like them and they are a little more affordable.

IDdesertman
Fawn
Fawn

binos

Post by IDdesertman » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:55 pm

Yeah, I see there is a lot of interest in the Vortex's from looking at other posts. I got on there website and found a dealer that is not very far from me, so I'll have to go look through a pair. I've never heard of them before..

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:33 am

I just got a paif of Vortex Bino's and absolutley love them. Little more than your price range, but they make some in your range.

AmericanBwana
Spike
Spike

Post by AmericanBwana » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:09 pm

IDdesertman,
You might want to take a look at the Viper 10x42. The lowest price I can advertise is $489.99, delivered. This price includes free shipping to the lower 48, and a free harness set (a $25 value).

Contact via PM for the special MM discount. I have them in stock, and offer a 30 day money back guarantee.

AB
Searchable Online Colorado Hunting Statistics
http://www.gmuresearch.com