Bullet Drop Compensator scopes

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
muledeerrock
Fawn
Fawn

Bullet Drop Compensator scopes

Post by muledeerrock » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:49 pm

anyone who has one do they work as well as they say...I was looking at the Kahles or Leupold......W/ the BDC.....i hear you have to constantly shoot them in changes of alt,humity,elevation jumps to get theem to work precisely........If you read the post on Optic world how to choose a rifle scope he makes them sound like junk but i spoke with Kahles and he said ...the guy is full of BS and with a bullet, manufact, grain wt and caliber they will print you out right were your bullet will go at sea level ,3ooo,4500,6000,7500 etc.......I bought one just had the Kahles mounted on a Browning let you know the TRUTH :222
Last edited by muledeerrock on Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:21 pm

i would love to buy one and check it out, i've heard nothing but good about them.

ABert

Post by ABert » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:11 am

I had a Bushnell I bought about 20 years ago. I absolutely loved it. Sighted dead on at 100 yards, then adjusted for the terrain I was hunting. Took quite a few elk and deer with it until it died on me. Bought a replacement but something is wrong with it from the factory. I highly recommend one.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

Avs man
Spike
Spike

Post by Avs man » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:12 pm

Ive been looking at a few, the one I am most interested in is the leupold 4.5x14 vari-x III that John Burns has the custom reticle for MOA wind drift installed then all you give him is your ballistics information and he has leupolds custom shop lazer etch you a custom BDC for your exact rifle and if you ever change the scope to a new rifle all you need to do is have another BDC turrett etched and your good to go. If your interested I can get you his #.
I spend Half my money on Huntin, The rest I just waste!

younggun
Spike
Spike

Post by younggun » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:53 am

guys if ur shot is 0-300 yards u dont need one, and most guys dont feel confident with shooting out past that, unless ur carrying a 50. cal U should know how far the animal is, if its an incline or a downward shot, and how much ur bullet drops at 50,100,150,200,250,300 yards. My 2 cents
I've climbed 2 mountains. Found this guy, camped out on top of the world. I'm goin to get that ram. Thoughts of a commited sheep hunter. Work the next day, who cares, wife or girlfriend, THANK GOD! i'm hunting sheep and not at home.

Torch
3 point
3 point

Post by Torch » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:49 pm

I have a Leupold VX-III 4.5-14x40 LR that I bought about a month ago, but I haven't mounted it yet and shot with it. I will let you know what I think. I bought this scope because I have a few friends that have BDC scopes and they love em.

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:13 am

I have the Burris bp ,Leupold LR and the BC and the Nikon BDC

all work well I the Nikon the best
THE LORD IS MY ROCK