Mini DVD problem

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
Shedfreak88
2 point
2 point

Mini DVD problem

Post by Shedfreak88 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:11 pm

My friend has a sony HD vidoe camera and he has givin me all his deer and elk video so i can put the footage on our next dvd. The thing is, his camera records on Mini DVD's my computer wont except them...is there any program i can get that will make these dvd's work on my computer?
"Big bucks didn't get big from being killed when they were young, Let Em' Go Let Em' Grow "-KB

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:58 pm

What do you mean it won't accept them? Get a cable and plug it into the video camera (with tape inside camera) and 'dump' the footage onto the computer that way.

This is how I do it, but I'm a MAC user.

Shedfreak88
2 point
2 point

Post by Shedfreak88 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:21 am

when i mean it wont except it i mean i put the mini dvd in the dvd disk drive and my computer wont play it or anything. I can't see the footage that is on the mini dvd or anything like that.
"Big bucks didn't get big from being killed when they were young, Let Em' Go Let Em' Grow "-KB

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:35 am

Oh mini DVD, I read the post wrong thought you said MINI DV

humm...never used mini DVD's??

Shedfreak88
2 point
2 point

Post by Shedfreak88 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:38 am

yeah me niether. i dont recomend it. idk if there's a progam i can get to run the mini dvd but im pretty sure there's something that will make it work.

lifetime hunter
3 point
3 point

Post by lifetime hunter » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:50 am

I have a mini DVD camcorder.. and you have to finalize the DVD on your camera before it will play on another player...does it play in your DVD player, if not that might be your problem..? hope this helps
Welcome to Utah................Now GO HOME!

Shedfreak88
2 point
2 point

Post by Shedfreak88 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:43 am

i just tried to play them on the dvd player and it didn't work...how do you finalize a dvd with camera?

lifetime hunter
3 point
3 point

Post by lifetime hunter » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:32 pm

on my camera (I have a panasonic) this is how I do it... put the dvd in that you want finalized, then push the menu button then go to disc setup push it, then it should give you an option to finalize, your friends Sony should be about the same format.. hope it works for ya! p.m. me if you need more help.
Welcome to Utah................Now GO HOME!

heshen
2 point
2 point

Post by heshen » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:45 pm

Just a heads up!!! You may run into some problems once you get the footage on your computer of not having the correct codecs and stuff to make it look good when you try to put it into editing software.. ex: adobe premiere pro, final cut pro.... In my film class we got warned by our professor of these problems. He said to avoid the cameras that go straight to DVD because of these problems, and that it had to do with proprietary stuff they put on the dvds and cameras.. He tried to do some work with them and he said it all looked horrible. So he recommended always shooting with mini DV.... I never have tried it, but just thought Id pass it on.

Shedfreak88
2 point
2 point

Post by Shedfreak88 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:21 pm

well i got one of the dvd's finalized and it still doesn't work idk what the heck the deal is.