Badlands NEW Bino System

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
Buckmaster
4 point
4 point

Badlands NEW Bino System

Post by Buckmaster » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:09 pm

I was at Badlands in SLC the other day and put my hands on the new Bino System that is in the works and supposed to be out by the first of August. Let me tell you, this thing is sweet, I cant wait to purchase one. the main pouch closes with magnents making this thing absolutly quiet!!. binos sit in the pouch and will not fall out or bounce around.
hydration compatible (has a pouch in the strap for a 32oz Bladder)bungee system on inside to attach to binos, and d-loop hook to attach your bow.
Attachments
binocase_flat_copy_864.jpg
binocase_flat_copy_864.jpg (27.19 KiB) Viewed 7513 times
"I love it when a plan comes together"
<-------<<<

My Photo page
http://www.muleymadness.com/gallery/v/m ... uckmaster/
http://www.badlandspacks.com/

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Badlands NEW Bino System

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:29 pm

Looks great, thanks for the heads up.

tommycaller
Spike
Spike

Post by tommycaller » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:03 pm

I ordered one on Thursday and hope to get it on Monday or Tuesday. I called Badlands aka Goretex and they told me then had just sent a shipment to Sage Creek. The guy at Sage Creek said he got in 24 on Wednesday and was selling them pretty quick. He said they came in two different camo patterns. I got the realtree max-1 pattern. I will let you know how it works. They do not give a size and said one size fits most.
I currently use the crooked horn bino shield and have had no problems with it. I just like the idea of the Bino System.
"A waist is a terrible thing to mind"

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:12 am

Well how about a report on how it worked
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

tommycaller
Spike
Spike

Post by tommycaller » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:41 am

Well, the product is very well made and thought out. It has a few extra pockets to carry other items. Both of my binoculars are a little bit too big for the case. I cut the divider out of the main compartment and was able to fit my Leica Rangefinding binoculars in there. I have the older 7 x 42 Geovids and they are fairly large. The binoculars cannot fall out and have straps that hold the binoculars in place. There is plenty of strap to get the binos to your eyes without strain. I have not yet hunted using the system but I am taking it with me to Arizona. I asked about the size of the case compared to the binoculars I was using before my purchase and the guy told me it may not fit. I took the chance and got them anyway. My Zeiss 15 x 60's will not even begin to fit in there. These are more for the tripod and are a little tough to hold steady. I really don't think you want the larger objective binos around your neck anyhoo. IMHO I think it is a great product and would be great for the 8 x 42's 10 x 42's and midsize hunting binoculars. As far as the larger stadium type binoculars, I have a pair of Nikon Action 10 x 50's and they do not fit. I just sold a pair of Nikon Monarch 8 x 42s that fit perfect in there with a little extra room. Hope this helps.

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:16 am

Thanks for the review Tommy
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

tommycaller
Spike
Spike

Post by tommycaller » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:46 pm

I did use the bino system on my muledeer hunt in Arizona for the first few days. I decided I like the crooked horn binoshield better and switched back to it. Like I said before, my binoculars are too big for the system and I had a heck of a time keeping the thing closed. Even though it has magnetic closure instead of zippers, it can still be noisy if it snaps back shut. If you have your binoculars in your hands for a lengthy time, the open front gets in the way and needs to be closed, especially if you are in wet weather. The simplicity of the binoshield is hard to beat so it is unlikely that I will use the bino system again. Sorry to those that like the system...just my opinion.