So i need a new rifle...

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
camodup
3 point
3 point

So i need a new rifle...

Post by camodup » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:22 pm

Ive hunted Deer with a .243 and muzzloaders all the time and elk with a .270, im thinkin of gettin a .338, i just dont know what gun to get. My .243 is a Browning Medallion and i love it! And my .270 is a Remington 700 and i love that one just as much! I bought a .204 Ruger a few months ago and love that one too, its a Savage 11FXP3. Just wondering if any of you guys would like to let me know a good rifle to get that has a caliber of .338 any input?
thedailyhuntandfish.com

Pro Staff for Northern Utah Waterfowl
Duck Junkies Field Staff

sawsman
2 point
2 point

Re: So i need a new rifle...

Post by sawsman » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:50 pm

So the .338 will be primarily for elk then? I think your .270 will be just fine....

But if you just want another gun, then I understand perfectly well. How much are you willing to spend?

If you like the Browning, then I would consider the X-Bolt. If money is not an option I would look at the Kimber or even a Cooper. Fondle a few and pick the one that has the best fit and feel.

sawsman
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing it, dosen't go away."-Philip K. Dick

TheGreatwhitehunter

Re: So i need a new rifle...

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:23 pm

Unless you are gonna hunt big bears or Africa get a .300 win mag or wsm I bought a 338 and used in Alaska a few times. I like the .300 because if you reload the there are many options for bullet weights making the rifle super versitle. :thumb
THE LORD IS MY ROCK