eBay Scam for Swarovski Binos!!!

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
182BC...4Now!
2 point
2 point

eBay Scam for Swarovski Binos!!!

Post by 182BC...4Now! » Thu May 21, 2009 11:42 pm

Hey all,

I'm new to the boards, so I'm not sure if this topic has been hit upon yet. I figure with hunting season rolling up here in a few months, everyone may be starting to pick up some new gear. I recently bought some new swaro binos off of ebay, but not without almost getting scammed first! The strange thing is that the page comes up in ebay as a listed item and shows people bidding on the transaction as though it is active...it's not like I went and googled it and found the binos that way, this is an actual listing that shows up on ebay.

The easiest way to tell if the item is legit is to click on the seller's profile and feedback history. If a message pops up that says email so and so @ whatever.com, then it is a fake! I tried using the buy-it-now option and it prompted me to contact the seller, so I did. We sent a few emails back and forth discussing payment and delivery, but then he wanted me to pay via western union b/c his paypal account was experiencing "problems" and I said no. I sent him a follow up email telling him he was a fraud and never heard back! I also tried to report him to ebay, but unfortunately they actually make it ridiculously hard to report these type of people. I went back on ebay a couple days later and there was another transaction that was exactly the same!

Bottom line is that if a lister advertises that he will sell the item at the buy-it-now price even after the first bid has been placed, then you should use caution. Also, if it's too good to be true , well then it probably is!

BTW, I did end up buying some swaro EL's on ebay and got a great price on 'em....saved close to $700 with included accessories and they're in perfect condition. Just wanted to send a warning out to you fellow hunters to beware of the jerks out there trying to take advantage of people.

TheGreatwhitehunter

Re: eBay Scam for Swarovski Binos!!!

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Fri May 22, 2009 1:04 am

::wel to Muley madness thanks for the heads up
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

treedagain
2 point
2 point

Re: eBay Scam for Swarovski Binos!!!

Post by treedagain » Sat May 30, 2009 8:28 am

thanks for the heads up.....