Burris Compact 12-24x50 spotting scope

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
lunkerjunker
Spike
Spike

Burris Compact 12-24x50 spotting scope

Post by lunkerjunker » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:56 pm

I just bought a Burris Compact spotting scope ebay real cheap ($43.00 Shipped!) Has anyone used one before? I'm not expecting too much but I had a pair of Burris porro prism binos and eventhough they were cheap, they I really liked them. I figured at 43 bucks for a spotter I can easily fit in my pack, how couild I go wrong? I guess I'll find out soon enough.

lunkerjunker
Spike
Spike

Re: Burris Compact 12-24x50 spotting scope

Post by lunkerjunker » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:58 pm

Ok, so here is a quick review of the scope. I took it out a few days after I received it and I would hve to say that I like it. It is clear, easy to focus and very lightweight and compact. The eye releif is a little funky and somtimes it seems I cant quite get it just right. This could be due to the fact that I dont have a tripod so it's a bit difficult to keep steady. I have been able to find good sticks to use as a mono pod but it's just not the same. The 12-24x magnification is good enough for me but I could see some people wanting a bit more. So if you're looking for a good, inexpensive, compact spotter you can take with you every time out, in my opinion, this one fits the bill.