NIKON BUCKMASTER 3-9x40 review

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
crunch14
2 point
2 point

NIKON BUCKMASTER 3-9x40 review

Post by crunch14 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:21 pm

Hey there, just thought I'd post my experience with the Nikon Buckmasters Scope this season.

I was given a Nikon Buckmasters 3-9 scope as a gift a few years ago. After the weather I experienced this season NIKON has a fan for life.
The opening of Elk season brought freezing rain and like a dope I lost my scope covers on the first day of it. About 5 minutes after wiping the ice off my lenses a couple of Cows popped out 200 yards away, unfortunately I had a spike only tag... but thank god for their wonderful coatings and waterproofing because I was able to get a nice clear view of them across the draw.

Last weekend of Elk a foot of snow dropped over night and I was fortunate enough to have the wind blow what felt like a ton of snow right on top of me. It froze to my barrel right away and my scope was completely encased in the stuff , I looked like the Stay Pufft marshmellow man. I wiped away what snow I could and guess what... Lenses were still crisp and clear! And with the handy knob on the zoom it's easy to adjust when wearing heavy gloves. My Dad has a VX2 and the combination of gloves and arthritis makes it virtually impossible to adjust the power.

I'll be a NIKON fan for life.
Just remember they call it hunting not finding. It's all about the stories.
OIF vet 2003 SAPPERS LEAD THE WAY

TheGreatwhitehunter

Re: NIKON BUCKMASTER 3-9x40 review

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:27 am

They are a good scope very clear and seem to hold well to recoil and most rifles, I have a few Nikons my self in the Monarch and Titanium line, they have served me well.
THE LORD IS MY ROCK