MuleyMadness Roll Call

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
Lunder
Spike
Spike

Re: MuleyMadness Roll Call

Post by Lunder » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:13 pm

New to the forum as of today, 1/26/2011. Found a few threads I could post on which is fun. I love sharing information. I'm from Lehi, Ut. Right by the Cabelas! :) I "have to" visit there at least a couple times a month because my daughter loves to go see all the animals. At least that's what I tell my wife. I typically hunt the general season deer hunts. Last year I hunted general muzzleloader. Last few years I've been out to the Book Cliffs being an extra set of eyes for family members who've drawn out there. I still haven't drawn any limited entry tags, but my points are building up, slowly buy surely. Basically I love being outdoors and especially viewing wildlife. What a great state Utah is for that type of stuff. Glad to be a member of the forum and look forward to helping out wherever I can.

Trout&Trees
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Trout&Trees » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:30 pm

Hey all,

I'm from Central Wisconsin where I've lived all my life. I spend as much time as I can out hunting and fishing. My major interest has been on whitetails and trout, but I do enjoy hunting and fishing for many species. If all goes well I'll graduate from college in December. I've never been out west, but I've always wanted to dream about it. If things fall in place the way I invision, I'll be working for the U.S. Forest Service somewhere in the panhandle of Idaho. Or at least that's what I think I want. I can't see myself not liking it though. Elk have always intrigued me and I hope to be able to bowhunt them and other western big game as well. Anyways, that is a little about me.

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Post by Springville Shooter » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:02 am

Welcome trout and trees. What are you going to do for the forest service? I came from a forestry background myself. Idaho is an excellent choice as well.----SS
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

shackdaddy
Fawn
Fawn

Post by shackdaddy » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:28 am

Hey Guys

Ive been a "lurker" on here for a while I finally decided to start contributing what I can. I live in central California. I am a diehard bowhunter and waterfowler. I mainly hunt mulies in the central sierras and northern California. There is nothing better than the back country chasing big old mulies, Its defintly my passion. Im looking to start going out of state but due to the awsome econemy its been tough. Hopefully Ill get to meet some new people on here that have the passion(sickness as my wife says) that I do. This seems to be an awsome site....thanks

Trout&Trees
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Trout&Trees » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:51 am

Springville Shooter wrote:Welcome trout and trees. What are you going to do for the forest service? I came from a forestry background myself. Idaho is an excellent choice as well.----SS
Thank you Springville. Well, if I can get in I'm hoping to be a forestry technician that deals with timber stand improvement, timber sales prep, or wilderness. Here are some duties I took from a DNR job vacancy out of Indiana that I feel fit my interests quite well, "...duties may include timber inventory, development of management plans, boundary line management, marking timber harvests, timber sale administration, timber stand improvement, and wildlife management." In the upcoming weeks I plan on calling some offices throughout Idaho to try and get some leads on where the USFS or others are hiring for this upcoming summer. I've only had seasonal experience at a garden center so far and so I feel it is very critical that I get a start on more relevant work experience this summer. I talked to a professor the other day and he really encouraged me to apply to many jobs and to jobs that are in the region I see my future career taking place in.

I'm glad to see another tree person. If you have any advice to share it is greatly welcomed as I appreciate learning things about those that have a similar background in forestry.

out4blood
Fawn
Fawn

Post by out4blood » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:36 pm

Just joined. I'm from Wisconsin but live in Arizona now...gotta love the winters here.
In the past I've mainly hunted during firearm seasons but lately I have fallen in with the stick and string crowd.
DIY=You earned it.

Oletrapper
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Oletrapper » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:30 am

Hello to all, I am new here. I am a retired farmer in Kentucky. Thought I might take up Elk hunting if the ole body will take it. Kentucky has an elk herd now and I never thought I would be able to hunt elk here. What a great opportunity. They say, (KDFWR), the next world record elk could come from KY. We shall see. My favorite pass time is bird hunting. Although we don't have many quail any longer, I still love going to Western Ky where they are more abundant. Harsh winter of 77/78 annihilated our quail in my end of the state. Well, I have rambled on enough. The trait of an old man. lol Good to be here. OT

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:50 pm

Welcome everyone, good to have you here. I'm looking forward to your stories, photos and posts. :thumb
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

NMHUNTNUTTG
Fawn
Fawn

Post by NMHUNTNUTTG » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:51 pm

Welp , I have been on a couple other sites for some years now and really enjoy talking to other fellow outdoorsman and women, and I decided to join here as well. I'm from NM, LOVE TO HUNT AND FLY FISH, and look forward to meeting and visiting with many of you here.I'm not a trophy hunter by any means, I have no problem tagging cow elk and fork horned bucks, my passion is archery hunting but pull out the smoke pole every few years. But at 38 years young I'm kind of wanting to get a nice muley for the wall, you know 170 ish would be fine but 180+ is a dream.And I'd love to get a book antelope, I have a couple on the wall but nothin big...Any how , lookin forward to chattin some..NMHUNTNUTT

limo526
Fawn
Fawn

Post by limo526 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:39 am

New to the forum. I live in southeast OK, I hunt bow, muzzleloader and rifle whitetail here, but feel the need to go back out west and pursue muleys, elk and antelope. Looking at antelope and maybe mule deer this year in WY and try to accumulate points in the mean time for WY elk in a couple years. My father grew up in NM and grew up hunting muleys in SE NM. I have hunted muleys some years back feeling the need for some western hunting once again.