unit 324 in mt?

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
sphunter4life
Fawn
Fawn

unit 324 in mt?

Post by sphunter4life » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:39 pm

Has anyone hunted or know anything about unit 324 in montana? I am looking to put in for mule deer there this year and am looking for some info on the unit. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks

LAAngels
Fawn
Fawn

Re: unit 324 in mt?

Post by LAAngels » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:29 pm

The Ruby used to be one of the best areas in the state. I am sure there are still some big bucks there but it's a draw area for mule deer now, I believe. If I remember correctly there are 25 permits only for this area which would probably make your odds less than 5% to draw.

There is good access to most of the unit with good roads which has, in the past, always made for a high pressure area. All these observations are from someone (me) who used to hunt that area but hasn't for around 10+ years so take it with a grain of salt.

I would get on the MT FWP site and check this area out thoroughly before putting in for mule deer.

sphunter4life
Fawn
Fawn

Re: unit 324 in mt?

Post by sphunter4life » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:18 pm

Hey thanks again man. In my other post iwas askin about limited entry elk, But thanks for al the info. I a def lookin at 210 for deer. Any advise for elk? I hunted on the south side of lima lake last year and shot a 270 ish 6 point. Just lookin for a plce to put in for limited entry. (go angels)