High Country Mule Deer Hunting

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
V-TRAIN
Fawn
Fawn

High Country Mule Deer Hunting

Post by V-TRAIN » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:30 am

I am wanting to do go on a mule deer hunt in 2013, or later if i have to wait and draw
tags. I was wanting to go on one of those high country type hunts. I am getting close to 40 and
i want to do it before i start getting over the hill and out of shape. I am a accountant, and the time
frame for those hunts fit good around my schedule also.

I have been doing google searches like crazy, and have found alot of different outfitters that do
these type of hunts, but i am really having a tough time finding people that hunted with them.
I was wondering if any of you guys have been on any of these type hunts, and if so, what was
it like. I was trying to get a jump on trying to get a tag, cause it might take several years to
get enough points.

I was wanting to hunt with a gun on this trip, cause i wanted to try and get a big one.
It might be the only time i ever get to go, so i want to have the best chance i can.
I was kind of looking at colorado and wyoming, but if there others out there, i am all
ears.

I have seen several that run high country hunts close to jackson hole, wyoming.
I was wondering if any of you have ever been with one of them, or had any
info.

-MULE CREEK OUTFITTING
-TROPHY MOUTAIN OUTFITTERS
-NON-TYPICAL OUTFITTERS
-JACKSON HOLE OUTFITTERS

They hunt in the Bridger-Teton National Forest. Is this a good place for muley's.
I was mainly interested in the high country type hunt, cause it would be a horseback /
hiking / hunting trip.