UWC/MDF/DWR Mule deer enhancement project April 14th!

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
Baxter
Fawn
Fawn

UWC/MDF/DWR Mule deer enhancement project April 14th!

Post by Baxter » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:02 pm

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give you an opportunity to get out and give back a little. Hope you can find the time to come lend a hand and bring the family along!

Bitter brush planting and habitat restoration project

Make a difference for mule deer!

Volunteers needed - 50

In cooperation with the Mule Deer Foundation and UDWR we will be participating in a planting and restoration project in Central Utah. We have 3200 bitter brush plants, 100 mohogany and 100 cliff rose that need to be planted.

Details:

Saturday April 14th, 8 AM MST.

Stockton, Utah (Just South of Tooele)

We will meet at 531 S. Copper St., just off of the Soldier Canyon road east of town. Travel past the ballpark, house is on the left. If you can't make it by 8 o'clock. Follow the soldier canyon road to the jacob city turn off and follow the signs.

Drinks and lunch will be provided.

Please bring work gloves and a shovel.

Please RSVP to info@unitedwildlifecooperative.org so we have a head count for food and drinks.

Let's get out there and make a difference!!!

And another:

Kestrel nesting box project.

We need 6 volunteers to install Kestrel boxes in Davis county.
Saturday April 14th, 9 AM.

**Contact for details and availability.
MR Spiders. MR Not! OSAR! CD ED BD Eyes? O My L! MR Spiders!
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
United WILDLIFE Cooperative

ridgetop
Monster
Monster

Re: UWC/MDF/DWR Mule deer enhancement project April 14th!

Post by ridgetop » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:28 pm

Can people get DH credit hours for this one?
There's always next year

Baxter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Baxter » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:51 pm

ridgetop wrote:Can people get DH credit hours for this one?
Yes! Great question!
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Baxter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Baxter » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:05 am

Slight change of plans for meeting time and location:

9:00 not 8:00

We will meet at 531 S. Copper St., just off of the Soldier Canyon road east of town. Travel past the ballpark, house is on the left. If you can't make it by 9 o'clock. Follow the soldier canyon road to the jacob city turn off and follow the signs.

jarvis243
Fawn
Fawn

Post by jarvis243 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:29 pm

Where can one find out the different projects that you have lined up? Curious if there are any coming up around southern utah

Baxter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Baxter » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:44 pm

jarvis243 wrote:Where can one find out the different projects that you have lined up? Curious if there are any coming up around southern utah
That is a good question. We have a service coordinator in Cedar City that is helping us with getting more projects in Southern Utah that are Dedicated Hunter hour eligible as well as other projects that may not be DH eligible but still great opportunities to give back to wildlife.

I will get his plans for the next upcoming event ASAP and post them for you

Baxter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Baxter » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:03 pm

Okay, here is the most recent project that I am aware of:

The Division of Wildlife Resources is looking for Dedicated Hunters/ Volunteers to assist with the planting of bare root seedling riparian plants along stream banks near Hatch, Garfield County. April 21, 2012. Dedicated Hunters and Volunteers will also assist with cutting willow stakes and plant them in same areas. This will help riparian habitats and vegetation will be improved to stabilize stream banks and improve fish habitat and water quality. For more information on this project or to sign up for this project, please contact Mark Kurzen @ 435-868-1799 or 435-865-6100

Sorry for the slow response, but I hope this is helpful

Baxter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Baxter » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:23 am

Here is one other opportunity to serve :)

The Division of Wildlife is looking for Volunteers ASAP that would assist with herding elk and deer that are damaging crops on private lands. This will reduce damage payments and destruction of animals. Persistent hazing has been shown to reduce the amount of animals causing damage. This project is located in Paiute County. This project will be supervised by a Biologist who will train individuals on how the hazing process works. If you are interested in this project, please contact Vance Mumford @ 435-979-2919