wyoming region c

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
claycrusher
Fawn
Fawn

wyoming region c

Post by claycrusher » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:49 pm

I have drawn a tag for deer in region c wyoming. I know that alot of the area is private land, but can anyone point me and my father in a direction to hunt either on blm land or public hunting ground. thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

wyomingtrophyhunter
Spike
Spike

Post by wyomingtrophyhunter » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:00 am

Call the main BLM office Cheyenne at 307-775-6256 and they can give you details on how to acquire maps showing those lands.

Congrats on drawing a good tag and best of luck.
"Make 'em leak"

Metz

claycrusher
Fawn
Fawn

the harvest

Post by claycrusher » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:00 pm

does a person have a decent chance of harvesting a muley buck in this region or are we looking at mostly antelope.

WYMULEYMAN
2 point
2 point

Post by WYMULEYMAN » Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:00 pm

take wyomingtropyhunters and call the blm state office. they may send you to another office closer to that region. possibly the cody or maybe the sheridan field office. i use to work with the blm and my mom is a minerals clerk for the blm rawlins field office. they have always been a very useful resource for such information. alot of times they have other contacts that can be even more of an assistance to hunters. i still to this day call my old partners at the office where i use to work to get information and find out if and where they have seen good animals. since i worked as a spring developer and fence builder we spent everyday in the country and more times than not we were in general public grounds. which is still the case to this day for the guys i use to work with. because i have spent little too no time in the north eastern part of wyoming i can not be much help. i know from experience that this area is more rolling hill, grassy sage country. the mountains do not really exist in these areas as much as in the soutern and northwestern part of the state. however, there are big deer being killed there every year. so i am sure it will be a good season for you.
IT TAKES ALOT OF SACK TO BAG A BIG RACK