Leupold windriver binos

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
Littlebuck
Fawn
Fawn

Leupold windriver binos

Post by Littlebuck » Mon May 10, 2004 10:07 pm

Has anyone used the leupold wind river olylimpic binos? If so how good or bad are they?

Muleyslyr
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Muleyslyr » Tue May 11, 2004 1:03 pm

I have and use the 8x23 Windriver's. I personally really like em'. I don't really need anything much bigger then that. I used them last year for the first time and am glad I got em'.

FeRangerXXXV
Fawn
Fawn

Post by FeRangerXXXV » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:31 pm

I looked at optics for quite some time before puchasing 10x50 Olympic Wind River. With a Bino System, I wore them all season last year and almost completely forgot about them......until I needed them. It has been a good purchase for me. I don't think, I will need another pair. Someday I will puchase a high end spotting scope. Not hunting for a living so the spotting scope will have to wait.

wyomingtrophyhunter
Spike
Spike

Post by wyomingtrophyhunter » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:21 am

I personally think the Brunton (Wyoming-made) Eterna line is the best buy for the money (as good as Leica), but I must give credit to the Leupold Wind River line of optics....heck, anything Leupold makes is first class and a bargain.

I have a Wind River spotter and it compares nicely to other brands costing $2-300 more. There is not much difference in it and the top of the line Leupold spotter. Their binocs are fine too.

It obviously depends on where and how you hunt, but I do not see how I ever got along without a spotter. They take some practice getting used to but once the skill is acquired, you will relegate your binocs to quick scans and zooms on the run. And they help kill that desire to use your rifle scope to more closely look at something.

Nothing worse than to see another hunter out there glassing you with his Vari-X III. :x
"Make 'em leak"

Metz

Littlebuck
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Littlebuck » Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:52 am

I got the binos. They seem to work fine.That is a bad feeling when you see a hunter looking at you with his scope. I muzz hunt so I dont worry about it much anymore.