Summer Velvet 2002

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Summer Velvet 2002

Post by MuleyMadness » Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:37 pm

Thought a few of you might enjoy a pic of some nice bucks I filmed in the 2002 summer.

browtine
Fawn
Fawn

Post by browtine » Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:55 am

man! now thats a heard of deer!!! AWESOME!!
Later, Brandon

OregonEric
Spike
Spike

Post by OregonEric » Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:24 am

Dang man... Where the heck do you live? Yellowstone? Those bucks are on some type of refuge or park right? Last year I had a group of seven bucks run right up to me, they had been spoked from behind, had no idea I was there. There was three of us and I was worried that someone else would get the best buck of the group, so I took the first shot, a wierd buck, still in velvet on Sep 28th. Since they were coming straight in at me, I shot him in the forehead at 130 yards. Then the deer ran harder, right at us! At 20 yards my friend creamed a 4 point. At 3 feet I thougt about tackleing a huge buck that stomped by me, but figured that he might just whoop me, but it sure would have been funny if I jumped up on his back. I honestly almost did that. I didn`t see the bigger bucks in the group untill it was to late.

My 338 broke his skullplate so now I can really stretch out his horns, all the way out to 34 inch across. Normally though, he`s a 27 incher. But the real odd thing was that he had an udder! I spoke with the local bio and he told me some bucks dont have high enough testosterone levels and dont have the urge to fight or rub the velvet off thier antlers. He had a name for bucks like this, I cant recall it now. Thats two odd bucks in two seasons. Wonder what will happen next year!?

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:39 pm

No Yellowstone here, this is a Limited Entry Unit here in Utah, the drought was so bad that all the bucks were coming out of the hills into this meadow. Normally very few bucks though. There was actually several more bucks with these not in the picture. No real monsters though.