Middle Fork Utah Hunting

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
Anonymous

Middle Fork Utah Hunting

Post by Anonymous » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:50 pm

Has anyone hunted the middle fork canyon area by pineview? I was wondering how the hunt went and any spots to go. Thanks.

Katghoti

Danthe2pointmuleyman
Spike
Spike

Post by Danthe2pointmuleyman » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:59 pm

Hey,

I hunt in evergreen, sunridge, sourdough and beaver creek. That is just above middle fork and actually if u get on top of middle fork u will run right into evergreen an sunridge. Not much has been getting pulled out during the archery that i have seen. We have a cabin an my uncle owns land up there also so we keep close eye out to see whats getting pulled out. I say the chances are really good though with all this cold weather an even snow that has fallen in the mtns. The best i can say is that u need to glass ALL THE TIME.....its diff country up there with oakbrush an such. W/o glassing you could miss millions of mulies because they lay down in the oak brush an wont be seen till they start movin. Also dont move around too much until around 10 o'clock in the morning when it becomes quite a bit warmer. The best success is those who pick a spot an sit most the morning because there is alot of dumb luck that comes around to those that do. Im goin up Elk hunting next weekend an im goin to see how the mulies are acting an this will give me better luck during the mule hunt. Its been a weird yr up there because Elk are lower than usuall an so are the moose an mulies but the grouse hunt SUCKED!!!!!!! so far lol wish i could tell ya more but i hope that helps u a little.
Happy Trails

Anonymous

Thanks

Post by Anonymous » Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:25 pm

Thanks for the info it does help. I usually hunt over on the south fork side just opposite of the south fork campground with average luck. You are right grouse hunting this year has sucked. I plan on getting up there early in the morning and sitting and waiting. Last year some friends of mine went up and on the opener a lot of deer ran over from sour dough on the opener and they saw plenty of deer so I am hoping for the same. Thanks again.

Katghoti

Danthe2pointmuleyman
Spike
Spike

Post by Danthe2pointmuleyman » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:23 pm

Hey,

Your welcome, hope ur hunting season goes well. Last yr all of my fam including me all got skunked besides my uncle. He took out a very old two-point. It was nothing to be ashamed about neither because its horn mass was very thick an the horns were very tall. I think it was a buck past its prime an lost most of its points but we heard if u buried the head in the ground an just leave the horns sticking out it would leave just the skull. So we tried that an buried it over the winter in my moms garden lol and come spring when we dug it up, we had a nice european mount so that was pretty cool i thought. I know where u are talking about on the south fork campground. That is a good spot to hunt because two yrs ago we spotted a nice 4 point just across the highway on the evergreen side goin down towards where u talkin bout. I have seen alot of does active during the hunt also right around that area so it seems to have its regular deer right around there but im going up high this yr an im goin to hit browns hole an see if luck will bring me something lol well good luck to ya once more.
Happy Trails

Anonymous

Browns Hole

Post by Anonymous » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:26 am

Well, if Brown's Hole doesn't work out then my cousin has got us access to private land on the back side of farmington peak. I was driving around sour dough with my family last week and ran across two bucks and a very nice moose. I have also seen a lot of does with two fawns this year and they all looked in good shape. I hear sour dough and beaver creek are getting hit harder now that Causey estates no longer allows hunting.

Katghoti