Photos Section-ABUSE!

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com

Commenting option removed in photos section good idea?

About time!
18%
Bad idea.
27%
Not sure?
45%
Allow comments.
9%

Total votes: 11

wyomingtrophyhunter
Spike
Spike

Post by wyomingtrophyhunter » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:54 am

Heck, shedhunter, we can't even spell Swarovski here in Arkinsaw, much less find 'em in the stores !

Seriously, for the money, most of the Brunton optics line is about as good as you can do...within that price range. No doubt the $2000 Leicas are great. I can, however, suffer a little eye strain for the difference, albeit I have not noticed that problem with the Bruntons. I guess at my age, my vision is not so acute that I would even know better from best.

MULEYMAN is right about Brunton being a local favorite in Wyoming. And the service, as I said before, is primo. And the factory is handy on my way thru Riverton up to the honey hole in Thermop where that legendary 48" Louie Grande still lurks in some hidden canyon.................

Gee, Santa, can I have permit for Region M......Pleeeeze [-o<
"Make 'em leak"

Metz

shedhunter
Spike
Spike

Swaro eye-peices

Post by shedhunter » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:25 pm

WYMULEYMAN

Ha, Ha! Funny you mention it, but my brother had trouble with his eye peices two months into having his new Swarovskis! I spent the extra money and got the rubber eye shields that dont adjust for eye-glass wearer, the shields cover the "side light" coming from the little space inbetween your eyes and the standard bino eye-peices. Well worth it and they've kept up with my abuse so far! I might have to check into these Brunton's though! There is nothing like a good old American product with customer service/warantee that is second to none! Another thing I can say about the swarovskis is that long glassing periods result in sore eyesockets. The pressure of pushing the bino's to your eyesockets isn't pleasent. This can be fixed though, remember the soft rubber eye-shields on other binos??? The rubber on the newer models is thin and a lot of these models dont have anything to stop sore eye sockets.
~shedhunter~

wyomingtrophyhunter
Spike
Spike

Post by wyomingtrophyhunter » Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:24 am

The Brunton Eternas have two position eyepieces that do not require a rubber side shield. It is hard to describe but they work great with and without glasses (I wear glasses on and off so it works for me, anyway).

The Brunton line is generally not carried by your local dealer, at least in my experience, except in the central western states. You can go on line to the many optics vendors and find them simply by searching for "Brunton". Prices vary among vendors but some good buys are out there if you shop carefully.

I hope everyone has a great Christmas and a prosperous New Year. We all have many things to be thankful for. This venue and the friends we have here are among them all. I appreciate you guys and your contributions to my sorely needed hunting skills !! :thumb

Best regards,

SB/wyomingtrophyhunter
"Make 'em leak"

Metz