Share your hunting stories! Also, takemy POLL!

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com

Do you think I should be able to hunt?

yes
14%
no
43%
if u want
43%
dont know
No votes

Total votes: 7

huntergirl
Fawn
Fawn

Share your hunting stories! Also, takemy POLL!

Post by huntergirl » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:57 pm

I don'thave a hunting story to share because I've never actually hunted but I'd love to hear yours here! Post some hunting stories in here!

:arrow :2

-huntergirl
***DREAMS COME TRUE!***

Don Fischer
3 point
3 point

Post by Don Fischer » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:23 pm

Hunter Girl I just read your other post and I think your not telling us your age and why you can't hunt. This sound's like your trying to get the prejudiced opinion's of a bunch of guy's that do to throw in mom and dad's face. That's ir-responsible and hunting require's people that are responsible. Be patient, your time will come, when it does, be responsible you can't learn that with a poll question like this at this time in your life. Your parent's, right or wrong, likely have your best intrest in mind, respect that!

Don Fischer
3 point
3 point

Post by Don Fischer » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:46 pm

Anybody replying to hunter girl, I got back a very angry reply from a very upset 12yr old. Be carefull!

Danthe2pointmuleyman
Spike
Spike

Post by Danthe2pointmuleyman » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:38 am

Hello All,
This is last hunting season's story of mine and how i missed the big buck. It was on the sunday of the opening weekend and i was with my brother comin down a canyon the used to be an ole riverbed many yrs ago. My brother was ahead of me and jus kept on goin down the canyon. The side of the valley was covered in light sagebrush an very thick oakbrush an rocks on the lower part of both sides and a small beaten path amungst the rocks. I spotted a couple of does just standing there an didnt think of it much until i spotted a straggler way down in the rocks about a 100 yds infront of me. I still didnt respond to that an just kept goin down the valley until the third popped up out of the rocks an started uphill towards the oakbrush and im telling you that even a blind man could see the rack on this deer. Well i freaked and couldnt get my gun off my back or the gloves off my hands lol. i threw the gloves about as far as i could and chucked the scope covers as well. I jacked a bullet in an tried to find the buck in my scope but i couldnt keep my gun still. By the time i found the buck in my scope he was in a little clear opening in the oakbrush standing broadside and not moving an inch. Well i didnt give time to aim and as soon as i found him in my scope i pulled the trigger an it was a clear miss. He sort of stumbled down but gained his footing an was goin uphill pretty quick like. Well i found him in my scope again and he was just reaching the top line of oakbrush which will take him up an over the hill into the sagebrush flats. He was on an angle in my scope but i pulled the trigger anyway when i got my crosshairs on his backbone which was the only shot that i could get off. In my amazement he jumped an rolled down the hill an broke a big junk of oakbrush with his fall. My brother was screamin on the walkie talkie that it was a hit an i was thinkin the same thing but when i looked around i couldnt find the buck anywhere. He fell into the oakbrush an never came out. Two other hunters on the opposite side said they saw him roll too an that they thought it was a hit as well. I called my dad an uncle on the walkie talkie to come an help me look for this buck that i have just shot at. There was 6 of us all looking for this deer an we all seen the roll marks an skids an broken oakbrush and eventually found his trail but the only problem was that there was no blood at all. Well we searched for about 2 hours just to be positive that it wasnt a bad hit or anything like that an just ended up being a clean miss. Well me an my dad headed back home that sunday but my brother an uncle stayed up for the week. I got a call from my brother tuesday nite that he got a 4 point in the same exact spot but just a lil lower more towards the sage brush flats which is where the buck ran off too and he said it was with the same two does as well. Well my brother ended up taggin that deer that i shot at and its a 4x4, 14 an 3/4 inch spread. His european mount is done an it turned out really cool and right now i have no way of loading the pictures on the computer but as soon as i can i will definately load them for you all to see. Well i hope you all enjoy readin that and hope to hear some of your stories too.
Happy Trails

shedhunter
Spike
Spike

Hunting is not killing.

Post by shedhunter » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:14 am

huntergirl:

I dont want to step on any fingers here, but if you indeed are only twelve then hunting on your own is not an option. I dont know much about your situation but it sounds as if your parents just dont want you to hunt. All that I can say is that if you want to hunt wait until you legally can. I mean dont get me wrong, a passion for hunting cannot be harnessed, but where you are only 12, I can just say wait, your time will come. Someday maybe your parents will let you go hunting with a family friend or relative, maybe even let you hunt right there along side with them. The feelings one has for hunting are usually polar, very much for or against. These people usually cannot be persuaded and hold strong to their stand. I admire you for standing up for something you like, but if you haven't hunted you must realize this: hunting isnt killing, hunting is something much more! Hunting can connect with ones inner soul and provide a great oppertunity to see mother nature at its best. To connect one on one with nature and the greatly respected inhabitants that live there. Also for me hunting has great meaning becaus of ties to family through hunting. Hunting's passion lies with in the soul of those that have experienced its awesome wonder! Not to say you will never have feelings like these for the sport, but just to raise the question of will you have feelings like these, or could you end up being one of the people with a mutual stand on the subject? I am not here to push youth away from hunting at all, infact I invite all youth to get involved in the outdoors. Youth is were the future of our wildlife lies! Huntergirl, never give up your desires and hopefully someday you can join the millions of Americans that head to the hills every year, for whatever reason they (or you) may go!
With all due respect,
~shedhunter~

huntergirl
Fawn
Fawn

?????????????????

Post by huntergirl » Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:02 pm

Shedhunter,
So many of my friends hunt it's not even funny. I don't know why they can hunt and I can't! I think twelve year olds are just as worthy of hunting as sixty year olds! I don't even act like I'm 12! I act like I'm older. I don't mean to get testy here but I think I deserve to hunt, and I have the right to hunt. EVERYONE has the right to hunt! Now, I don't care what I here from other people, but I'm not giving up without a good, hard, bloody (not really) fight! I may turn other hunters' heads in this fight, and I don't care what they say! I'm fighting until I reach a compromise, my goal, or beyond that. I leave computer messages, messages on paper, I research to find points I can use against my parents, I asked my brother-my brother! to confront my mom on why I should hunt!!!!!! my brother So I'm not giving up, and I think I deserve to hunt!

with good thoughts,
-huntergirl
***DREAMS COME TRUE!***

shedhunter
Spike
Spike

Keep on fighting!

Post by shedhunter » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:00 pm

huntergirl:

I think that your fight to hunt is a nobel one. I hope that you continue to have the desire until the day comes that you can legally hunt on your own. Rebel childern are always fun, just remember that when you have one of your own! I seriously hope that someday you are able to go hunting and when you do soak it up 'cause you never know when your last day is upon you! Good luck on your fight for your right to hunt!
~shedhunter~