is hunting a rich mans game?

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
killerbee

Post by killerbee » Thu May 03, 2007 7:22 pm

ah yes of course the gas adds up, but you know what i'm getting at, i spend a lot on gas getting to and from my hunting areas to but when people complain about the gas prices effecting their road hunting i could care less that it's expencive for them. a couple places i hunt it's a 6 hr drive from my house, that gets spendy!

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Thu May 03, 2007 9:55 pm

No question it cost money to hunt, especially for a non-resident.

But it costs to do anything, it's a matter of priorities, you have to sacrifice one thing for another.

For instance, one guy golfs, has a 4 wheeler, maybe a snowmobile, gambles a bit, shops at Cabela's, spends money on gadgets vacations in the Caribbean etc.

What I do is go on hunting trips, yeah it's getting tougher, but I'll just cut back on other things. (@@)

9er
Monster
Monster

Post by 9er » Thu May 03, 2007 10:16 pm

wayne could not have said it any better!!!!

It just comes down to what ya want and how bad you want it! Me I like to hunt so I dont have all the other fun stuff or go on other vacations etc.

9er

ridgetop
Monster
Monster

Post by ridgetop » Thu May 03, 2007 10:40 pm

I feel alot richer after I've been out hunting. :))
There's always next year

mossyoak24
Fawn
Fawn

Post by mossyoak24 » Fri May 04, 2007 12:03 pm

i agree, it is rewarding knowing that you work hard all summer scouting out that deer or elk and pattern his movements and you have lived where he lives and when the opener comes you are able to get that trophy all because you did your own homework. But i understand if you have the money it's your own buisness on how you spend it but really stop gloating on the front of mag. and videos. That's why i like Eastmans's DIY cause it's guys like us that really do it oursleves and that magazine really talks about it, also gives tips on hunting the DIY way.

lunkerjunker
Spike
Spike

Post by lunkerjunker » Fri May 04, 2007 11:25 pm

To me any animal would be a trophy, but the big animals are still out there and on public land. You just have to work harder than the guy who forks over the cash for his. You've got to be willing to do and go where the other guy wont. Of course luck is always welcome.

loco4muleys
3 point
3 point

Post by loco4muleys » Fri May 04, 2007 11:45 pm

Tag prices are getting outrageous. As far as guides and outfitters go, aside from costing too much, I'd rather do it myself. Guides might get you the big bucks, but there's no better feeling than finding a buck for yourself on private land, and it's the only way to get better.

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Sat May 05, 2007 9:20 am

but there's no better feeling than finding a buck for yourself on private land,
?? public??