Utah Southern tag

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
sneekeeboy
Fawn
Fawn

Post by sneekeeboy » Tue May 08, 2007 8:55 pm

yah they have really easy access. Alot of it is public land.

ridgetop
Monster
Monster

Post by ridgetop » Tue May 08, 2007 8:59 pm

Hunt north and west of st. george about 20 miles. I only say this because it is about the closest to your home and is as good as any , for starters.
There's always next year

sneekeeboy
Fawn
Fawn

Post by sneekeeboy » Wed May 09, 2007 5:07 pm

yah there is some nice deer up there around enterprise. :1

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Wed May 09, 2007 5:19 pm

Plenty of places to hunt around here, plenty of people also.

And I'm not trying to withhold information, I don't have any luck beating the crowds anymore. I use to, but that was in the good ole days. :)

Enterprise, Pine Valley, West of St. George, Kanab, Cedar Mountain, Boulder Mtn., etc all have deer and are all hunted very heavy.

But there are some good bucks every year taken, many by luck.

Some archery and muzzleloader by skill as the deer are on the move during rifle hunts.

mwalker
Fawn
Fawn

Post by mwalker » Wed May 09, 2007 7:54 pm

Anybody have any ideas as to where I can get some good maps for the areas that might help me?

sneekeeboy
Fawn
Fawn

Post by sneekeeboy » Thu May 10, 2007 3:53 pm

look em up on the internet. :1

GUTPYLZ
3 point
3 point

Post by GUTPYLZ » Thu May 10, 2007 4:22 pm

I'll be honest with you, you might want to hire an outfitter. MOST people on here are not going to want to give up there locations. We advertise here and everyone is hunting your area.

I will tell you this, I've hunted the southern region most of my life and since it has gone to a draw there are some really nice bucks out there. You shouldn't have that hard of a time getting a wall hanger if you are one of those guys that can park the 4 wheeler and get way off the road somewhere and it don't hurt to have a little skill.

Here is a Buck that was shot across the canyon from me 2 years ago. I think they said he measured 34 wide. His father shot a nice non typical that was around 38 I think they said, but he was not as nice as this one.
"Waste Is Unjustified, And Especially The Waste Of Time.
One Must Live, Not Only Exist.
One Must Do, Not Merrily Be.
One Must Grow, Not Vegetate."
SPENCER W. KIMBALL

sneekeeboy
Fawn
Fawn

Post by sneekeeboy » Thu May 10, 2007 9:53 pm

Thats a nice buck. :1

ridgetop
Monster
Monster

Post by ridgetop » Sun May 13, 2007 12:51 pm

Gutpylz, I was right down the same canyon to the north when that buck was shot. Do you drive a 3/4 ton dodge diesel? I think the day before that buck was killed me and a friend were walking down a narrow road that had a stream running across it and at first light a truck with nevada plates pulled up and we talked for a minute and then they turned around and went back the other way. Was that you? Bytheway, that other buck that the father shot was 37" wide and had a 190" frame. Still one heck of a buck but the sons was better looking.
There's always next year

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Post by The Ox » Sun May 13, 2007 1:23 pm

there is an atlas of the whole state of utah its made by benchmark you can probably order one of there website the cover is black and its called roads and recreation maps its not just a regular old road map it has hiking trails back roads 4x4 trails all kinds of stuff that would be very useful i recommend it to anyone even if you know your areas well its helped me with alot of places ive never hunted and i know know areas pretty good because of that so that is my best advice there only like 20 dollars and they are well worth it!!!! they dont have every single backroad ive noticed but they have about 95% of them and they are actually quite acurate down to the names of the draws and canyons in the areas

does anyone else use this atlas on here ?????