So if I...

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
straightshooter
Fawn
Fawn

So if I...

Post by straightshooter » Tue May 15, 2007 1:15 pm

wind up gettin' that tree stand for father's day, which one should I get. Need one that I can sit in for a long time, but I prolly won't be able to spend 4 hundy's though. I only spent 2 hundy's on mama for mother's day, so I'll prolly be in that neighborhood somewhere. Gotta be all even ya know. Been lookin' on Ebay but I just don't know if I trust that stuff. Wouldn't it suck to spend 2 hundy's on Ebay and get some dude's homemade tree stand that he built in welding class. Any thoughts? :arrow
I hunt Utah 'cause there's no deer in California!

ABert

Post by ABert » Tue May 15, 2007 5:46 pm

If I were at home, I'd tell you the kind I got. Nice and light climbing stand. Comfortable enough to spend the hours in and big enough to stand and stretch, turn around, etc. Bought if a few years back and can't remember the name of it though.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue May 15, 2007 7:09 pm

Don't know much about tree stands...but I'd get a good one. I've got one that isn't so great and it's not worth spending much time in because you'll be all cramped up and dying to get out.

southwind
Monster
Monster

Post by southwind » Tue May 15, 2007 10:13 pm

I like summit climbing stands. They are very easy to set up in the dark with little noise. They make a huge selection to choose from too.

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Tue May 15, 2007 11:02 pm

Ive been in both the summit and API climbing treestands and they are both real nice treestands. I don't think that you could go wrong with either one.

This is another one of those things that you get what you pay for so if you can pony up a little more cash you will get alot more comfort in the long run.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

Cvrn
3 point
3 point

Post by Cvrn » Wed May 16, 2007 12:15 am

I have had Summit,Gorilla, Rivers Edge and all i use now are LoneWolf They are awesome!
SNUFF"M