MuleyMadness Roll Call

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
sawtooth
Spike
Spike

Post by sawtooth » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:18 am

I am new to the forum, but I have enjoyed reading it for months. I am mule deer crazy! I love to shed hunt and bow hunt for muleys but I, have been known to chase them with just about anything. I just recently got into shed hunting and am looking for others to go with here in north utah. I have killed good bucks but never with my bow. There is always this year!

MuleyCrazed
Spike
Spike

Post by MuleyCrazed » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:51 pm

I've only been posting on this site for a few months and it is a fun site to watch. I am 25 years old from Meridian, ID. I have lived in Idaho all my life. Grew up on a farm hunting since I could hold a gun. Mule deer are my #1 passion. I am getting into elk hunting more every year. I love to bow hunt but I have yet to stick an animal. When I'm not hunting deer or elk I am usually in a blind calling in geese and ducks! I was born to hunt, forced to work! So all my time at work is usually spent thinking about hunting. During the off season I love to hike the hills looking for sheds.

This is a great site. The forums are very entertaining! Keep it up!
MuleyCrazed
Idaho

Born to Hunt! Forced to Work...

RooDog
2 point
2 point

Post by RooDog » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:22 am

I've only been a member of this fine site for a couple weeks but I have been reading for months. I should have joined sooner!
I have lived in Colorado my whole life. I like to hunt big bucks(deer&speedgoats). I have 3 kids and they love to go hiking for sheds.
My oldest son(6) and I are always talking about hunting and the outdoors.

Is it huntn season yet?

digger
Spike
Spike

Post by digger » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:15 am

Hey I'm living in nephi utah I have lived all over the state including wellington heber spanish fork and others. I'm happily married with 2 great kids and one good dog (and then theres my wifes dog not so good). I live for two things my family and hunting any kind bow muzzle loader rifle kinda gettin away from the rifle way to many people in the hills the end of october. havent hunted out of state yet but planning too when finances allow. love this site good bunch.
if you get off the 4 wheeler you might see some deer

JLROOT
2 point
2 point

Post by JLROOT » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:27 am

Retired Infantryman. My job envolves helping to train soldiers. I pray that it helps them make it back. I live in Fountain CO. I hunt primarly on Ft. Carson, because it is close and has everything that I want to hunt. Turkey, elk, deer, bear and 3 (at last count) cougars.

I really would like to find someone that hunts the high country and would not mind a low lander learning from them. It has been a dream of mine to hunt elk in the mountains during the rut. Since none of my buddies hunt my wife has nixed the idea of a solo hunt. She is affraid I might end up on some critters menu.

Anyway I really enjoy this site.
A 'Veteran' whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

WYMULEYMAN
2 point
2 point

Post by WYMULEYMAN » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:24 pm

Howdy Roy,

Still lurking, just haven't posted in awhile!

How did the draws treat you this year. As for me the big "0"! I drew a 53 desert maggot tag but other than that I was unsuccessful. However, there was a group of four of us that all applied for the same areas but not in a party application and luckily some of the boys were successful. One buddy drew a 101 deer tag. Another buddy drew a 75 late migration bull tag. The other buddy and i were only successful on the antelope.

Should be a busy season guiding my buddies. Fortunately or unfortunately however you want to look at it I will have my plate full but not for myself, the two that drew the tags are relatively new to the hunting game. To be perfectly honest I would rather help first timers than fill any tag for myself so it worked out good this season.
IT TAKES ALOT OF SACK TO BAG A BIG RACK

WYMULEYMAN
2 point
2 point

Post by WYMULEYMAN » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:35 pm

By the way I am 28 y.o. spend most the year hunting, scouting, shooting, fishing, or camping. Living in Jackson Hole, Wyoming so the year can pretty much be consumed with outdoor activities. Spend a few months in the winter snowboarding the back country up here. Lived in Wyoming my entire life other than a two year stint while I was in school in Colorado. Probably my favorite is to hunt mulies but enjoy most everything. Two weekends ago we drove three hours to shoot our .22-250's at some unsuspecting prairie dogs, going again this weekend. Spent a month this spring hunting black bear.

By the way..... anyone hear from wyomingtrophyhunter? Haven't heard from him in quite some time.
IT TAKES ALOT OF SACK TO BAG A BIG RACK

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:00 pm

WYMULEYMAN:

Long time no hear.....we're all glad to see you still around. Yup, sometimes helping someone else fill a tag is just as exciting as filling one yourself. Sounds like you'll have fun either way.

I actually got drawn for two really good deer tags. I was drawn for the same unit as last year in CO. So, I'll be back above timberline come August chasing velvet muleys. Can't wait for that backpacking adventure.

The second tag was the Goodale unit here in CA. An AWESOME unit with only 25 tags issued. It will be tough though, as I'll probably be the only one chasing the bucks with a bow, as most will use a rifle (either weapon is allowed). That hunt takes place the first two weeks of December during the rut. I still can't believe I drew that tag.

I'm leaving for a 5 day scouting trip the the Kaibab in the morning. I can't hunt there this year, as I already filled my archery tag in January. I just want to check some of my old hunting areas and see what's there......might be up there next season, depending on the draw in CO of 08.

Good to hear from you again.....don't be a stranger....stop on by more often. It gives me hope I can survive this job and state so I can make it to Wyoming for retirement. :)
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

muley crazy 1
Fawn
Fawn

Post by muley crazy 1 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:19 pm

hi everyone i am a diehard mule deer hunter and i am from sw colorado.

love chaseing em with my bow and i am 15 yrs old.

stonefly
Fawn
Fawn

ME

Post by stonefly » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:44 pm

I'm an avid bowhunter, and like K-Bee said, I enjoy the same rat race for the coveted tag, rifle, bow, what-ever. I live in Redmond, OR and spend my time trying to figure out how to flyfish and hunt as much as possible while balancing 2 kids and a wonderfull (allows me to fish and hunt) wife. I found this site while doing some E-scouting for the mule deer tag I drew this year, and am now hooked. O Yea, I'm 33 yrs old.
Go Big!