Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
skull krazy
3 point
3 point

Bushnell warning

Post by skull krazy » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:50 pm

Buyers beware!
Last year i purched a $400 pair of Bushnell elite 10x40's.
I loved them, surprisingly very clear, sturdy and SEEMED tough.
Although i am a fan of, and have all of the "big three", Leica, Zeiss and Swarovski, i figured for a good first set for my boy, these Bushnell's would be just fine.
Well, we dropped them on the hunt and they landed on an angle and totally knocked them out of whack. The fall wasn't a very far drop, yet it was enough to knock them out of alignment.
So having known that Bushnell has a "lifetime warranty" like all the other's.....i was wrong. (???) They are charging me $160 to repair the bent hinge that ties the barrels together. They say it's "abuse" and they don't cover that. I will never buy another thing from a company that can't back the strength of their product and what holds it all together. Go toss even a pair of Leupold's under your tire and they'll be glad to warranty it because they stand by and behind their products....100%.
So having said that, my son will be getting a pair of Zeiss or Swaro's from Santa this year, just don't tell him :-$ .

DeadI

Post by DeadI » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:26 pm

Can I be your son for christmas this year. [-o<
Deadi

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:00 pm

ya you can adopt me to :)
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

skull krazy
3 point
3 point

Post by skull krazy » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:17 pm

Sure guys i'll adopt ya!
I just hope you'll amount to more than just child support. ](*,)

FastGM3
Fawn
Fawn

Post by FastGM3 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:41 pm

I know how disappointed you are with Bushnell, I would be as well. But playing the devils advocate for a moment, while I would not call an accidental drop "Abuse" it certainly isn't normal wear and tear.

Same rules apply for laptops, ipods, gps devices if they are dropped and break they typically are not covered under a warranty.

I think it comes down to quality and getting what you pay for. Some items are built for the accidental drops without causing damage. Those items typically cost 3 times the amount of the ones that do get broke.

If your like me and can't afford those expensive brands then you really really take care and hold on tight to everything. If it drops, then you kick yourself, curse a few times, bite the bullet, and buy another inexpensive brand.

Sorry for your loss.

proutdoors
3 point
3 point

Post by proutdoors » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:46 pm

And after you have bought three 'cheap' glasses, you can kick yourself for not buying the good glass to begin with. #-o

PRO
The Mind can only serve one Master, either gratitude or despair--but not both.

wildantlerman
3 point
3 point

Post by wildantlerman » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:17 pm

I feel for yeah, you know I have them same ones and I dropped them and started to see double vision. I took them to the store and they sent them off. Three weeks later the store called me and said they exchanged them. I went and picked them up and they gave me the 08 version of them?????? So that does not make much sense to me.

But hey, you can adopt me? No wait a minute you already have. HEHE :)) :)) JK

loco4muleys
3 point
3 point

Post by loco4muleys » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:07 pm

Wow, I have Bushnells, but I wasn't aware of their warranty policies. Aside from the flimsy warranty, I've been really satisfied with them. For the price, they're incredibly clear.
One does not hunt in order to kill; one kills in order to have hunted.

79Ford
Monster
Monster

Post by 79Ford » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:02 pm

Bought a pair of them myself and saw double vision straight out of the box. Took them back and got a "cheap" pair of nikon's and they work just fine. I say cheap, but to me $160 is hard to come by all at once. I'd like to have the money for a pair of swaro's, but I just cant justify getting the 2nd mortgage to pay for 'em.

mossbak
2 point
2 point

Post by mossbak » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:01 pm

:-k for $400 bucks you could've bought a ziess...