juniper mountain

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
4Horns2
Fawn
Fawn

juniper mountain

Post by 4Horns2 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:52 pm

I drew unit 40 (Idaho)does anybody no anything about juniper mountain i hear thats the place to be
Work to Hunt&Fish

delkmon
Spike
Spike

Post by delkmon » Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:51 pm

I'm not sure about Juniper mtn, but there definitely are some bruiser bucks in unit 40. I drew a tag in the neighboring unit (41). I have friends who have hunted in unit 40 and harvested some hogs. My advise is to arrive early and do as much scouting as time will permit. Most of the roads turn to slime in Owyhee county after rain or snow so bring your tire chains. It is pretty remote country out there, so be prepared for anything. There are no service stations.

4Horns2
Fawn
Fawn

Post by 4Horns2 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:13 am

Thanks for the info delkmon i live here in emmett so i should have time to do some serious scouting
I think the plan is going for us to base camp in jordan valley if it permits and not to far to where we decide to hunt ,im going for nine days and am willing to use all nine if i have to
4Horns2 :2 go bigg or go home
Work to Hunt&Fish

YoungBuck
Fawn
Fawn

Post by YoungBuck » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:04 pm

The main thing about the hunt is weather.....if you dont get cooler temps and some moisture you wont hardly see any deer movement.
When you are scouting dont mainly go after spotting the big bucks....look for groups of does....once the weather hits go back and find the does again and there will usually be bucks around.
I spend alot of my spare time in 40....walking around you dont hardly see any deer....until there is snow on the ground then you see deer all over.
You will find that alot of the deer during the hunt will stay close to the main roads....I drew the hunt with my dad and brother a few years back and a guy we talked to almost everyday said he was just riding his 4wheeler down the main road and he was seeing alot more deer than we were.
I seen a couple months after the hunt the buck he shot in a magazine....scored in the mid 190's and was just a toad of a buck.
2 weekends ago I was down towards Juniper Mountain looking around and seen one of the biggest bucks I have ever seen down there....only about 26" wide but he was taller than burn and had great mass throughout.
Let me know when you start scouting and maybe I can give you some areas to look.....or maybe help you scout a little.
YB

4Horns2
Fawn
Fawn

Post by 4Horns2 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:43 pm

:thumb thanks YoungBuck i will keep it in mind im not going to do any hard core scouting till the weather cools down a bit may be just learn the roads and the terran some i will keep you in mind
4Horns2
Work to Hunt&Fish

IdahoMuley
Spike
Spike

Post by IdahoMuley » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:39 pm

was around there over the 4th seen 2 nice bucks one was about 27 and the other was about 25 but realy tall and heavy. good luck
Muley Man!