so we all can enjoy your outings!!!

thanks
whtailtaker

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Oct 07, 2003 4:01 pm

whtailtaker,

I see most of my bucks in the summer, there are easier to find and "stick out" better because of there lighter tan summer coats. They are more difficult to spot in the fall and winter due to the grayer looking hides. I have yet to take a Mule Deer this year and don't have an Elk tag this year. What about you? U never hunted Mulies or Elk before? Have you taken some nice whitetails?

good to have you join us.

Anonymous

whitetails

Post by Anonymous » Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:53 am

I have been hunting whitetails since the 60's have hunted in NC,SC, and now hunt Tenn- 10 pts is my best so far but i have taken about one a year mainly go to go if you know what i mean some years just went to look at them! -i usually have hunted on public lands then joined a hunt club [it was good talk but when it came down to the hunting days the OLD crowd [locals] always took the good spots]

My brother in law goes Elk hunting every year so he has been after us to go with them- we are lucky that our significant others enjoy hunting also-
it is not every day you luck up and find a female who enjoys hunting/fishing and the outdoors and is ready to go at the spur of the moment

looking forward to getting out west and hunting!

whtailtaker

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:12 pm

Mule deer hunting is exciting, and for the most part you have to actually "hunt" to fill your tag.. There are the lucky few who find one off the side of the road, but for the most part you must hike and glass to find a mulie..Have you had a chance to hunt muley yet??

whtailtaker
Fawn
Fawn
Location: Hunting the Mountains of North Carolina and Regions West

Muleys

Post by whtailtaker » Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:23 am

No I have not had the pleasure of going west to hunt Muleys - my partner and I are planning to head west next season to Colorado to get in some hunting- we are looking forward to seeing the great country of the west-

whtailtaker
Sans dieu rien= Without God nothing

A bad day hunting ain't bad-Ain't life grand

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:55 am

I already posted the results of my deer hunt this year. My dad just took a whitetail in SD that wieghed 224 field dressed, 12 pointer as you folks on that side say. Funny, he shoots a 22-250 with 55 grain partition remington premiums, taken 16 deer and not lost one yet. I shoot a 300 ultra, couldn`t be more different. My elk season is 6 weeks long and actually has already started. No sense in going yet because it takes weather to move them down to where I`ll be hunting. I have high expectations and will not be shooting cows or raghorns. I have hunted in SC, just out of Travelers Rest, I hunted with a guy who had a bear as a pet! You guys are a little different that way!

OregonEric
Spike
Spike

Post by OregonEric » Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:57 am

I already posted the results of my deer hunt this year. My dad just took a whitetail in SD that wieghed 224 field dressed, 12 pointer as you folks on that side say. Funny, he shoots a 22-250 with 55 grain partition remington premiums, taken 16 deer and not lost one yet. I shoot a 300 ultra, couldn`t be more different. My elk season is 6 weeks long and actually has already started. No sense in going yet because it takes weather to move them down to where I`ll be hunting. I have high expectations and will not be shooting cows or raghorns. I have hunted in SC, just out of Travelers Rest, I hunted with a guy who had a bear as a pet! You guys are a little different that way!