69%
maybe
No votes

Total votes: 16

trophyfishwy
Fawn
Fawn

Post by trophyfishwy » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:00 am

the guy from mn is absolutley right, being in wyoming and owning a ranch. i am in the far north east part in the black hills, not even close to yellowstone and we already are seeing signs and wolves over here. there has been some males tracked heading east through south dakota also. they seek and destroy any and all easy prey. this could be a good thing for week animals and keeping them thined out. on the other hand if mountain lions have to go into town to get enough to feed on. how long is it going to take for wolves start doing the same. but unfortunatley we have no say in any of this. politics my brothers. not much more to say than that. bad deal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

WYMULEYMAN
2 point
2 point

Post by WYMULEYMAN » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:53 pm

Personally I feel bad for the ranchers and only the ranchers! Wolves have existed in many other places and gotten along just fine, as well as all the other "easy prey" that they might seek for food. It is just another animal and who is too say or make the decision on whether we allow them to continue the species or not. I say let them reintroduce them, but if one is too close for comfort than drop him in his tracks. The yellowstone pack has gotten by without much problems, not that they haven't been a nuisance at one or two particular times but for the most part we have learned to co-exist. I live in Jackson Hole and in two years I have never seen one, I would love to see a great big old wolf, I think they are neat animals, I guess maybe it is there dominance that I like, but I like them. Like I said previously I do feel bad for the ranchers and I know in and around Jackson many a wolf has been shot for eating or chasing livestock. I say, more power to the rancher!
IT TAKES ALOT OF SACK TO BAG A BIG RACK

E-Dog
Fawn
Fawn

Post by E-Dog » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:04 pm

I think it would be pretty cool if wolves were introduced to utah again. My Uncle shot one while elk hunting on his ranch in canada they are HUGE.

bugle_man
Fawn
Fawn

Post by bugle_man » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:26 pm

I personally cant say I want wolves in utah but I don't think it would be horrible if they made their way here and there was an adequate management plan to keep them in check. I am a little surprised at a lot of the hatred I have seen from hunters in other forums (not this thread)when this subject comes up. I personally view poaching as more of a threat than predators to my hunting experience. I would much rather have 10 deer killed by predators than just one killed by a pathetic poacher. Just my opinion

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:30 pm

bugle_man,

Good point! Thanks for registering and voicing your thoughts. I agree on the poaching philosophy.

E-Dog
Fawn
Fawn

Post by E-Dog » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:05 pm

If your talking to me about the poaching, I think poaching is wrong too, but i don't think he poached it because he's a ranger in Waterton National Park and i think he was allowed to. But who knows maybe he is illegally harvesting game!!!! I'll have to bring up the subject sometime!!!!!

bugle_man
Fawn
Fawn

Post by bugle_man » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:12 pm

E-dog

I wasn't referring to your uncle, I just brougt up poaching in general. Poaching is more of a threat to hunting quality than predators i think

E-Dog
Fawn
Fawn

Post by E-Dog » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:14 pm

Oh I see what you meant now!!!And what a great point!!!![/list]

wrmdnkr
Spike
Spike

Post by wrmdnkr » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:00 am

my cat's breath smells like catfood ](*,)
"being a music teacher doesn't make you a panzy"

huntingal
Spike
Spike

Post by huntingal » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:44 pm

Anytime a new species come into an area every animal already in that area is impacted. They have to make room one way or the other. Every animal that we currenty hunt will be negatively affected-check out whats happening in Idaho. Elk numbers are way down, as are the deer. Coyote and other predators are less in number because of wolves- not as much to go around now. Livestock is being killed left and right (ever see what a wolf can do to an animal without killing it) -not pretty. They attact lion and bear hounds when they are out and many have lost pack and hunting horses and mules while out hunting other game. Wolves don't kill the sick and week- they hunt the animal till it is to sick and week to fight back. Sportsman need to band together with a plan of management before wolves enter thier state-because eventually they will. There is a reason our ancestors got rid of wolves in the first place.