Hello.

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
dstewart
Fawn
Fawn

Hello.

Post by dstewart » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:22 pm

Hello all. I just signed up and I am looking for any info I can get form people who have hunted for muleys in the North Eastern Washington area.

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:16 pm

Sorry, I don't know much about Washington.....but welcome aboard to Muley Madness. Look forward to your posts.
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

ABert

Post by ABert » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:00 pm

I hunted NE Washington a few years back, about as far east and north in the state you could go. Tough hunting as the forest is so thick. What I found worked for me was to scout around and find the trails the deer used to come out of their bedding areas on the way down to water and food. Plenty of public land to hunt but don't be afraid to knock on a few doors. Lots of apple orchards and a few of the land owners are only to happy to let hunters take a deer. Just be sure you can tell the difference between a muley and a whitetail. Both species inhabit the area. I found no need to use a scope as the furthest shot I made in two years hunting there was about 50-60 yards. Set up on a well used trail and wait for the deer to come to you. I jumped one deer that was no further than 20 yards away and never saw it. Hope this helps you somewhat.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

utbowhunter23
Spike
Spike

Post by utbowhunter23 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:25 pm

Welcome,

Sorry I don't have any advice either about Washington. Good luck to you though.
utbowhunter
"LIVIN TO HUNT & HUNTIN TO LIVE"