utah division forums canceled

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
HUNTIN FOR LIFE
2 point
2 point

utah division forums canceled

Post by HUNTIN FOR LIFE » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:46 pm

i just tryed to log onto the utah dwr forums and they show that they have canceled the forums does anyone know why or any info.
INSANITY! Is doing the same thing over & over again and expecting a different result!

dahlmer
Monster
Monster

Post by dahlmer » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:43 pm

I think the DWR forums have been on a short leash for quite a while now...it was only a matter of time. I here rumors that some guys are trying to put up a local message board to take its place, but we'll see.

Here is a note from Cory:

I suppose I had better jump in here before things slide completely out of control and I get even more angry private messages, phone calls and e-mails about it.

I wanted to give the moderators advance notice this morning, and it appears the word has slipped out. So...

These forums have always been on shaky ground. We're one of the few government agencies in the country that has had a forum of this sort, and it has become wildly popular. We're getting many millions of page view per year, and that dwarfs the traffic of the rest of the DWR Web site.

This would all be good, but with this increased traffic comes increased problems that just haven't gone over well with the the upper management here. Whether you disagree or not, they have decided after considerably deliberation that these forums have just become more of a problem than they're worth. I've been instructed to shut down the forums this afternoon.

It's no one particular post or forum member's fault; it was just the cumulative effects of many different things. Please don't take it out on anyone or get angry. If you have civil, reasoned opinions and want to make your views known to the DWR, we're always open to hearing the views of the public.

I've already been asked by a half dozen people who they could write to about this. If you really want to speak your mind, WRComment@utah.gov" target="_blank">DWRComment@utah.gov is the place to do it.

Thanks!

——————————

Cory Maylett
Communication Program Coordinator
Utah Division of Wildlife Resources

shootinfool
Fawn
Fawn

Post by shootinfool » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:22 pm

Yea, that really sucks. I heard a roomer that it was going to happen today but didn't realy expect it. I just tried to log on and got the message that it is no longer opperating. Well, farewell to the DWR forums.

FishlakeElkHunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by FishlakeElkHunter » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:28 pm

Man, that is crazy. I just tried too and had to come here to see what the heck was going on????

I guess I will have to come here for my fix!

johnyutah5
2 point
2 point

Post by johnyutah5 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:32 pm

Too bad, I have learned a lot from people on the DWR forum. There are some really great people with a lot of experience to share. Too bad about the bad apples ruining it for the bunch. I learned about this forum this spring. Hopefully the good ones will head this direction......

callofthewild
2 point
2 point

Post by callofthewild » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:55 pm

yes it sucks i really enjoyed going there while i had some free time at work. hopefully some of the more enjoyable guys will come over here and participate with some meaningfull discussions.

ridgetop
Monster
Monster

Post by ridgetop » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:56 pm

Wow, Utah's economy is really going to take off. Now that all these computer junkies will actually have to do some work at their computers during the day.
There's always next year

treetop
Spike
Spike

Post by treetop » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:08 pm

I second what callofthewild said about some of the fun guys. Actually most of the fun ones are already here.
I was so glad when a-bow-nut told me about this forum because I was sick of all the negative, holier-than-tho, I'm more ethical than you, B.S. that seemed to have taken over the DWR site.
Brett we love this forum and want to thank you for hosting it, and I hope we can keep the fun, supportive, upbeat spirit that has always been here.
thanks again. Later Treetop
Treetop

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:59 pm

ridgetop wrote:Wow, Utah's economy is really going to take off. Now that all these computer junkies will actually have to do some work at their computers during the day.
LOL! :))
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

ridgetop
Monster
Monster

Post by ridgetop » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:46 am

I wished there would have been some notice. I had some phone #'s in my PM inbox and now don't know how to get them. I could have saved them with some notice of cancellation.
There's always next year