Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
muleystalker01
2 point
2 point

S.D. mule deer

Post by muleystalker01 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:44 pm

2004 archery 175" class
Wifes 2005 mule deer
I also have several pics of does and bucks that were seen when out hunting pheasants.

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:28 pm

Welcome to the site muleystalker01! Looks like a couple real nice bucks..CONGRATS!

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:04 am

Ask and ye shall receive. Very nice! Congrats for sure! :good post

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:20 am

Yeah...that's what I'm talking about! =D> Very nice bucks, thanks for posting em' up.
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

Bowedark
Spike
Spike

Post by Bowedark » Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:56 am

Looks like you at a great year NICE DEER. What area were you hunting & public access or was it private?

Wapiti
2 point
2 point

Post by Wapiti » Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:32 pm

Nice looking deer congrats...

ricfirefighter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by ricfirefighter » Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:31 pm

those were takin on public walk in area ask him about the bigger one that stood up when he was jumbing for joy :-$ :arrow

Torch
3 point
3 point

Post by Torch » Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:34 pm

Great bucks!! Was your wifes buck also taken with a bow? Let's hear the stories behind them.

muleystalker01
2 point
2 point

Post by muleystalker01 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:12 am

:arrow story on first one november 6th 2004 6:00 am head out the door to see if maybe I can find a good buck before rifle season. drive 15 miles north of town then take gravel road.dawn is upon me and I'm looking for deer to glass over.finally spotted a deer I liked about a mile off the road so I park the truck grab the bow and gear and start walking. I know where they are headed so I use the wind to my advantage and circle another direction.on top of the knoll I'm walking as carefull as I can when I spook a cottontail.I freeze looking everywhere and see no deer.take a couple steps to look over the edge and there they go. #-o I watch them until they clear the next rise and then try to decide if I should start walking and try again or head back to the truck to go meet a friend hunting up the road a few miles.well I decide to take the hike and start the long walk around the area they headed another mile and a half out I see the does running but no bucks.figureing I blew it I head up the drainage anyway to head to the truck.after half a mile I look up another drainage and see nothing(or so I think). I head the direction I was going and suddenly get a feeling I'm being watched I back up dig out the binocs and look up the northern drainage again and there are 2 muley bucks bedded in the sage.I look over the land and backtrack half a mile to go around and use the land behind the deer, This takes awhile as I'm trying to be more carefull and have to keep going around jackrabbits.well I get to the cut behind the deer and set all my stuff down except the bow.and start around the the cut behind the deer when nono a jackrabbit jump and runs up the hill behind me.I duck in the sage and wait.through the sage the deer has stood up and is watching the rabbit,(well it's over might as well go home) [-o< but to my amazement he beds back down.I come around the cut look at him real close to see how he is lying back up draw come around the corner and let it fly the deer jumps with an arrow right through the vitals runs about 75 yards and drops. :thumb :thumb I am so happy I stand there yelling and screaming yahoo yippy when an even bigger buck that I never seen stands up 20 yards to my right. #-o I find out from the game warden and landowner next to the public land I was hunting that the bigger one was a possible new state record.(not fair) oh well thats hunting. very happy with the one I got. green score when I got home was inbetween 175 and 180.

muleystalker01
2 point
2 point

Post by muleystalker01 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:28 am

:1 wifes buck taken november 13th 2005 was hunting the same area that I got my buck the year before.headed out to find a doe for my daughter and a buck for the wife.went to the top of a hill to look down in the drainage where I got my buck and saw a herd of 5 deer 2 small bucks and 3 does. we work down on them and my daughter takes the big doe. :thumb we get her dressed out and set to come back for her with the cart and head out after a nice buck.it takes us another hour and a half of walking and stalking but we come upon a herd of close to 16 deer with a large buck running a couple does.I tell my wife there her deer. she looks at him through the scope and says all she see on the deer I point out is branches when he step out from the tree she says holy___ he is huge.well we are in the open with no chance at getting closer so at 420 yards I ask her if she is comfortable with taking the shot she says yes and I say ok.the first shot just under him by an inch he stands there and the second shot finds it's mark. he doesn't go far but it's still the opposite direction of the truck.so by the time I went to the truck got the cart came back got him carted him to the truck and went and got the doe it's a little after 7:00 p.m.to give you a time on how long it took to get the buck out she shot him at 11:30 a.m. and he was in the truck just after dark.a little over 4 1/2 hours just to get him out he went around 340# on the hoof.the ground was also muddy so it didn't make it any easier getting him out.haven't scored him because he is not simetrical but with 22"inside spread and 27" outside with 16" G2s he is a nice deer.