Best mule deer and elk state

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
HUNTIN FOR LIFE
2 point
2 point

Post by HUNTIN FOR LIFE » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:40 am

no i think colorado has nicer people i live in utah and im not very nice. there are also hardly any elk and especially no deer and still i cant draw a tag to save my life. colorado is the place to be. :)
INSANITY! Is doing the same thing over & over again and expecting a different result!

callofthewild
2 point
2 point

Post by callofthewild » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:12 pm

it all depends on what you are after. if you are after a 300 class elk and opportunity out the rear then yes colorado is your baby. if you have 15 years to wait for a chance at a 400 class bull then utah is where you want to be. the deer herd on the other hand i can only tell you about utah i have never been in colorado to hunt mulies. the deer are here if you are willing to get off your behind and look for them.

hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Post by hound_hunter » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:37 pm

i've thought about this before... and I would live in colorado for the year to year hunting cause their general season public land hunts are better than utahs... so I'd live there for the year to year hunting so I have something to do for the 15-20 years that i'm applying for Utah out of state elk.

bowhunter3
Fawn
Fawn

Post by bowhunter3 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:52 pm

I hunted Colorado last year and saw more deer there then I ever have in Utah just on the side of the road.

davehaze
Fawn
Fawn

Post by davehaze » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:18 pm

Ok, seems like Colorado has more votes. What are some good areas in Colorado to hunt?

hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Post by hound_hunter » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:16 pm

Really anywhere, haha.. Just do a tiny bit of research and you can easily find units worth buying a tag in. I've hunted one unit far north, several units in the central western part of the state, and this year i'm headed to the southernmost border to try it out. There's good hunting all over, i'm not gonna cheat you out of doing your own research though :thumb

There's a couple units for deer where if you're willing to really do some homework on you can draw trophy class tags in a matter of a couple years, and then there's also units where if you want to shoot just your average 4X4 you can do that almost every year.

Colorado's not your only option though, there's a number of states out there with great hunting and easy to draw tags if you look around. (It can be a ton of work sometimes though)

BIGBUCKCRAZY
Spike
Spike

Post by BIGBUCKCRAZY » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:24 pm

davehaze wrote:Ok, seems like Colorado has more votes. What are some good areas in Colorado to hunt?
The ones closest to Utah so you dont have too far to drive from Utah.
What have ya got if ya haven't got a story?

oldcp
Spike
Spike

Post by oldcp » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:02 am

You can kill big muleys, antelope, and big horn right here in TX.

Coloradobuck
Monster
Monster

Post by Coloradobuck » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:24 am

unit 35 has some monster bucks in it. just about a mounth ago i saw 6 really big 4 points and 1 5X6 and a 5X5 buck up there. and for elk up near craig has some big bulls :thumb
“Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway”-john wayne

BIGBUCKCRAZY
Spike
Spike

Post by BIGBUCKCRAZY » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:01 am

Come on now Coloradsobuck where in unit 35 did you see big bucks?
were you being serious? or on private?
What have ya got if ya haven't got a story?