Washington Muleys

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
RidgeRunner_07
Fawn
Fawn

Washington Muleys

Post by RidgeRunner_07 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:34 pm

I was wondering how everybody did hunting for mulies in Washington? I spent all of the early season chasing the muleys and seen quite a few and let acouple of bucks go casue they weren't quite big enough yet. Although I didn't get as much time to hunt as I wanted due to Football and work.
-"Life is too short to own an ugly gun"
Bo Overmyer

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:54 pm

RidgeRunner_07. Yea, I chase the Mulies around WA. Mostly in my neck of the woods around the SE Corner. Not a lot of "hogs" down there but I get lucky now and again. Glad to hear that there are at least two of us up there that let the smaller bucks go. Too many folks shoot the first legal 3 point they see and don't allow them to mature.
You get a chance to hunt the Selkirk region at all for Mulies? From what I've heard there are some nice deer in there but the terrain and brush are tough. I usually do one heck of a lot of hiking anyway to get away from the road hunters and such, so long hikes through steep terrain is not an issue. I was toyin' with the idea of hitting that region next season.
Last edited by AGCHAWK on Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:59 pm

RidgeRunner_07. To answer your question....sounds like your season was much like mine.
I was fortunate enough to get some leave stateside in time for hunting season but didn't get to do the scouting beforehand. Saw some smaller Mulie bucks but nothing worth shootin'.
Did manage to hop the boarder (legally of course...LOL) and bag a nice 4X5 Whitetail in Idaho to fill the freezer before I headed back out here though.

RidgeRunner_07
Fawn
Fawn

Post by RidgeRunner_07 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:12 pm

Good deal,

I personally have never hunted in the Selkirk range myself; but do have a couple of relitives that have with out much luck. I have hunted elk there and seen some deer there but just like close to home not much for monsters. I ended up with the smallest white tail 5X5 I have ever seen on the last day of season. He's only 10 1/2 " wide; but on the last day of season I couldn't let him go!!! LOL
-"Life is too short to own an ugly gun"
Bo Overmyer

wtttaxidermy
Spike
Spike

Post by wtttaxidermy » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:50 pm

I took in a few nice ones this year from e wash. but I know alot of folks that didnt bag any.
You Kill'em we fill'em wtt taxidermy

Muleyslyr
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Muleyslyr » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:06 pm

I too let two little 3pts. walk on opening morning....freezer was already pretty full from a deer and antelope two weeks prior, so was looking for something worth killin'. Ended up taken my 3yr. old son with me the second weekend, so we kinda did more camping then huntin', just as fun if you ask me. There's always next year. [-o<

wtttaxi....where's your shop at....eastside or west?

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:16 am

Muleyslyr, havin' the little ones with ya sure makes it worth while, whether ya get one or not, don't it? I'll be bringin' my oldest again this year. He's still lookin' for his first deer (2nd year now) although he seems to have learned right. I'm sure he would love to dump one over but he insists that the hikin' and campin' is worth it regardless of the outcome....gotta love it!

wtttaxidermy, I'll be in your neck of the woods in the March/April timeframe (I am rolling out of here on/about 06FEB) and will make an attempt to drop in and check out your shop. I may even have a little work for ya.

wtttaxidermy
Spike
Spike

Post by wtttaxidermy » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:56 am

Im on the west side in Port Orchard. any time with the little ones is great. mines 15 now and man time gose by fast.
You Kill'em we fill'em wtt taxidermy

Muleyslyr
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Muleyslyr » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:27 pm

Here's one of our hunting/camping trips to the Entiat in October. He did get to see a lot of deer though. Thought it was pretty cool.

Here's the big guy with this years Wy. archery buck...check out the pose....funny.

Here's last years bucks....check out my daughters santa outfit.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:43 pm

Cute kids, great pics! Thanks for sharing.