Help with were to go

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
PSUBowhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Help with were to go

Post by PSUBowhunter » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:47 am

THis fall I went on my first muley hunt in SW ND. I had a blast and want to hunt muleys alot more. I didnt see nearly as many deer as I thought I would have, but had fun.

My question for the guys who hunt muleys is were to go. I would like to start gaining points in areas that may be a little better for muleys, but dont konw were to apply. I would like to apply for areas that may have quantity over qualitity as I would like to try more spot and stalk hunting. For now I would be more than happy with opportunities at 130 inch bucks. Any info would be great.

ABert

Post by ABert » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:12 am

First, you need to decide which state or states you want to hunt.

Second, once you've got your state(s), check out that state's wildlife website. Many of them have stats on hunter success rates for the past year or more.

Third, narrow down to what unit you like making sure there is plenty of public land available.

Fourth, apply for the tags through the website identified and located in step 2.

Fifth, ask more questions on anything else you aren't sure of.

Sixth, go out and have the time of your life!
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

Montnanamuleycrazy
Fawn
Fawn

s.f of boise river

Post by Montnanamuleycrazy » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:20 pm

up into units 44,45 cant beat the farther back the bigger they get....at about 6,00+ ft

gilamonster8
Spike
Spike

Post by gilamonster8 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:51 pm

they shot the last of the deer and elk in the whole state of Arizona so no need the check out this state

PSUBowhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by PSUBowhunter » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:52 am

MontanaMuley, I am not familiar with the units. Do you mean units 44 and 45 in montana?

callofthewild
2 point
2 point

Post by callofthewild » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:29 am

psubowhunter i see from your location you are from sw penn. where abouts??????

which state do you wish to hunt i know a couple of places in Idaho where you can go. but could lead you better in Utah. there are a few areas that would hold the 130" buck that you want to go after.

PSUBowhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by PSUBowhunter » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:10 am

Callofthewild, I am from around Indiana, Its about an hour NE of Pittsburgh.

I dont really care what state I am in. I just want to try more muley hunting, specifically spot and stalk. I had a blast in ND this past fall, but did not see the deer I thought I would see.

callofthewild
2 point
2 point

Post by callofthewild » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:36 am

PSUBowhunter wrote:Callofthewild, I am from around Indiana, Its about an hour NE of Pittsburgh.

I dont really care what state I am in. I just want to try more muley hunting, specifically spot and stalk. I had a blast in ND this past fall, but did not see the deer I thought I would see.
pm sent