A Couple Montana Muley's

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
model70guy
Fawn
Fawn

Post by model70guy » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:50 pm

Great buck.. Thaks for sharing the pics.. I have a buck that I killed a while back and I did the same thing, I hit him in the antler and it went clean through and he did the same thing, shook his head like crazy. I will post a photo of the deer another time and take a close up of the bullet hole..

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:44 pm

model70guy

Sounds good, I like to see the pic myself.

Montnanamuleycrazy
Fawn
Fawn

AG CHAWK about hunting Washington

Post by Montnanamuleycrazy » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:16 am

hey the area called Swakane,entiat,east okanogan, north to Twisp and where there were big fires 3+ years ago over in that area.....Basically from Leavenworth east to Lake Chelan are loaded......steep country but there are some big mulies up there, especially if you can draw the rut hunt
biffm84 wrote:
AGCHAWK wrote:biffm84, welcome to MuleyMadness! A couple great lookin' WA bucks there too.

That first one looks like the base of the right antler (Your right as you look at it) was hit by a bullet. Am I seein' something that ain't there?

Whereabouts in WA do you normally hunt? (No honey holes or anything, just general part of the state is fine. I already have my hunt lined up.)
You are correct. His first shot went clean through the horn. It was windy and he didn't take that into account when he shot. I remeber seeing the dirt fly behind him after the shot and the buck started shaking his head so I told told him he missed and to shoot again. Heres a picture from that day.

In terms of where I hunt in Washington I was born and raised in Aberdeen so we still go around that neck of the woods. Having a Dad that has worked as a logger his whole life has helped our success rate thats for sure.