Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
daveytech
Fawn
Fawn

Back from Idaho - Unit 43

Post by daveytech » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:57 pm

I thought I'd post my results.

I went with 3 others to hunt unit 43. We passed on quite a few small bucks the first few days and we had several really nice bucks put the slip on us.

I ended up harvesting a spike at the end of the 5th day of hunting. I haven't had venison in the freezer for quite some time and boy does it taste good.

The terrain out there is so steep. You get worn out very quickly and after 7 days of hiking, all you want to do is sleep. (Which I'm going to do shortly)

Altogether a really fun hunt with a low success rate for our group, even when we were the only guys that would go several miles into the wilderness. We have learned quite a bit about this area the past 2 years and we're going to give it another shot next year. The people out there are so friendly it's amazing. The total opposite of the hunters I'm used to in CA.

I'll post pictures later.

-Davey

wilecoyote76
Spike
Spike

Post by wilecoyote76 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:11 pm

Congrats daveytech on the Idaho hunt. Hey, a spike is better than nothing. It's nice to know that some of us Idaho guys are all that bad! We're looking forward to the pics of your hunt.

MULIES4EVER
3 point
3 point

Post by MULIES4EVER » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:45 pm

Congrats. I just hunted Idaho also and had to come home empty handed. Four point or better only where I was. I had dozens of 2 and 3 points well within range. Oh well, Better luck next year I hope.

daveytech
Fawn
Fawn

Post by daveytech » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:30 am

The tenderloins last night were sooooo good.

I have a ton of pictures but I'll just post the one when we got back to camp and one of the terrain I was hunting.

This is one of the steep drainages I helped my friend hunt/glass.

This is me back at camp before we started working on the deer.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:47 am

Sounds like a good time was had and congrats on the meat in the freezer and TL's. :)

Country looks big and steep but awesome country for sure. :thumb