Researching a Wyoming hunt

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
daveytech
Fawn
Fawn

Researching a Wyoming hunt

Post by daveytech » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:13 pm

I've spent some time reading through the available data on Wyomings Game and fish website.

There are quite a few numbers for me to consider.

The one thing I have not been able to really determine yet is, what area I would really like to hunt for Mule Deer. Region G seems nice because it is relatively closer to me on the west coast.

I'm not looking for anyones special spot to hunt (I like being away from other hunters) but I am hoping someone could point me in the right direction as far as region or unit. I'm not looking for top notch trophy deer, but I am after mature 4 point bucks and I am willing to hike all day long. I plan on taking my father with me.

Thanks in advance,
Davey

svmoose
Fawn
Fawn

Post by svmoose » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:07 pm

DAVEY, hey i grew up in Region G. I heard that they killed a bunch of really good bucks out of there this year. Region H is really good too. Both should have pretty good numbers of deer, if you hunt hard in either one, you can definitely find a nice 4 point. Both regions have plenty of public land, region H is a little rougher country but there are some bruisers up there. Anyhow, hope that helped. Pm me if you need more info.