Washington Muleys

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
RidgeRunner_07
Fawn
Fawn

Post by RidgeRunner_07 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:05 pm

i've been in the woods for over 200 days this last year and found some nice bucks. But none of it would've prepared for what I found here in Lincon Co. here in E. Washington on New years day of 2006. Me and my brother got up early and decided to go on a shed hunting excursion. we walked and walked and walked for hours. Hunting and hunting for antlers. But then when I was a good 6 miles from the house I came across this deer (DOA)with monster horns. upon a quick assement of the bones I found a perfect placed shot to the sholder......but here in Washington it's 3 point minum on Mule Deer state wide. He is a 19 1/2"wide 20" tall 2X2 with 6 1/2" bases.
-"Life is too short to own an ugly gun"
Bo Overmyer

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:27 pm

RidgeRunner_07,

Here is the pics, sad story though. To bad.

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:45 am

I'm sure it's a case of some idiot who sees the bone, shoots without counting points, and then when they walk up to it they find out that it's a clean forkie and high-tail it outta there. Waist of a great animal!

Muleyslyr
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Muleyslyr » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:35 pm

Dang....that's just too bad. Freakin' people around here never seem to amaze me. That's exactly what they did....saw horns, shot, realized it was a 2pt., got the heck out of there. Idiots! At least you got em' now. I'd clean em' up a little and put em' the garage or somewhere.

wtttaxidermy
Spike
Spike

Post by wtttaxidermy » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:06 am

AGCHAWK wrote: wtttaxidermy, I'll be in your neck of the woods in the March/April timeframe (I am rolling out of here on/about 06FEB) and will make an attempt to drop in and check out your shop. I may even have a little work for ya.
Hey you shoot me a call HAwk thats springer fishin time and we will hook up the DB and go get you a salmon or three. :thumb Jim W
You Kill'em we fill'em wtt taxidermy

Muleyslyr
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Muleyslyr » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:05 pm

Dang taxi....I'll bring ya a little work for a spot on the drift boat this spring! [-o<

wtttaxidermy
Spike
Spike

Post by wtttaxidermy » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:15 am

You got it shoot me a call. would love to take you guys out the steel head are in right now we have a good 2 weeks if the rain stays stoped. I cought and reliesed a 23#er last week. Jim W
You Kill'em we fill'em wtt taxidermy

fly741
Fawn
Fawn

Washington Muley

Post by fly741 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:32 pm

I am guessing you guys are from the Clarkston\Lewiston area? The reason I ask is because my wife is from there and is urging me\us to move back there and one of my main concerns is my hunting opportunities. It sounds like I should have nothing to worry about as you guys sound like you do pretty well.