im off again

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
Coloradobuck
Monster
Monster

im off again

Post by Coloradobuck » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:11 pm

im off again this weekend to try to get a muley doe and a cow elk! so hopefully i will get something!! xcrossx xcrossx xcrossx 4c
“Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway”-john wayne

daveytech
Fawn
Fawn

Post by daveytech » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:08 am

Good luck!

callofthewild
2 point
2 point

Post by callofthewild » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:15 am

with all due respect i read this post about 3 hours before i made this post. and i could not get it off of my mind. why would you even annouce that you are going after a muley doe and cow elk. if i were to have those tags i would be in disguise while on the hunt. especially in colorado where there are more elk than people??????????????????????????

wbird
Fawn
Fawn

Post by wbird » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:26 pm

Coloradobuck,
Best of luck, have a great hunt!

Callofthewild,
Harsh...intended or not.
wbird

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:17 pm

callofthewild wrote:with all due respect i read this post about 3 hours before i made this post. and i could not get it off of my mind. why would you even annouce that you are going after a muley doe and cow elk. if i were to have those tags i would be in disguise while on the hunt. especially in colorado where there are more elk than people??????????????????????????
callofthewild, not everyone cares about antlers. God gave us this critters to eat and they do taste good. :thumb I personally like to kill mature animals but I have plenty of friends who hunt strictly for meat and and could care less about antlers.

Have a great hunt Ronald and I hope you fill the freezer with fresh wapiti and venison.
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

daveytech
Fawn
Fawn

Post by daveytech » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:16 pm

callofthewild: You may have overlooked a substantial amount of variables in your 3 hour contemplation session. Unless you know Coloradobuck, why not support your fellow hunter? He is a hunter.

callofthewild
2 point
2 point

Post by callofthewild » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:46 pm

holy cow there are signs of life on this site. i seem to have ruffled a few feathers on here today. it is my opinion that mule deer doe hunts should not even exist. at least until the mule deer numbers are up way more than they are today. the cow elk hunt on the other hand go for it there are way to many elk roaming around in prime mule deer habitat IMO.

don't get me wrong i enjoy being out among those regal beasts called elk. i just feel that the mule deer has been almost abandoned and are paying for the higher dollars the elk can bring in.

if by chance i did offend mr. coloradobuck then i do offer an appology. i just do not know why we must try to rally support to enbark in a preverbial duck shoot which is the mule deer doe hunt. antlers have absolutely nothing to do with the way i feel on this subject. if you feel that you need meat and not antlers then shoot the first spike you see. at least that way you are not affecting the future of the mule deer herd. that deer will not be ready to breed and there is a doe left to get bred and produce offspring to replace the spike that was harvested. that is just my .02 cents.

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:55 pm

callofthewild, I would agree with you about killing Mulie does if we were talking about Utah or some of the other Western states but CB is hunting them in Colorado and the Mulie population is at or over the long term objective of 621,000. We have a few areas that need some does thinned out.
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:48 pm

with all due respect i read this post about 3 hours before i made this post. and i could not get it off of my mind. why would you even annouce that you are going after a muley doe and cow elk. if i were to have those tags i would be in disguise while on the hunt. especially in colorado where there are more elk than people??????????????????????????
Ronald good luck on your hunt.
More elk than people ??? No but we do have around 240,000 elk though we do have the highest mule der population though.

callofthewild
, Colorado buck hunts mainly for meat not to mention he is only in highschool still for him its more about hunting opportunity than it is trophy for him right now. Not that he dosn't get buck tags every year also. He has killed a few with the 308 . He also lives in Very good Deer country alot of B/C bucks come out of his area

Colorado you get a buck and a deer tag in most units and a bull and a cow tag also.

Unlike Utah(where you do have some great trophies) we are over run with mulies and elk as Colorado is a opportunity state quanity not quality managment overall But we do have some good units that take more than a few points.
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

HighLander
Monster
Monster

Post by HighLander » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:36 am

Good luck!
ALWAYS CHECK YOUR ARROWS BEFORE SHOOTING.......TRUST ME!!