Four Idaho Mule Deer Poached

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Four Idaho Mule Deer Poached

Post by AGCHAWK » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:17 pm

Just in case any of the Idaho hunters here on MM might have seen or heard anything.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The general mule deer hunting season may be over, but conservation officers from the Idaho Department of Fish and Game are still hunting for the party that poached four mule deer October 20 at Fall Creek in Swan Valley.

The incident took place in the early evening where Fall Creek intersects Forest Service Road 076, along the South Fork of the Snake River.

Fish and Game has information about the vehicle involved, but more help is needed from the public to help pull the case together. Fish and Game also has some physical evidence that will help cement the case, once suspects have been identified.

"A total of four mule deer were poached, even though only three deer were found shot at the scene," Conservation Officer Meghan Roos said.

One was an adult doe, and the others were young bucks of the year. A large buck was observed in the area just before the shooting, and a large blood spot was found where another deer had been shot and removed.

Officers were able to recover enough blood for DNA samples, so that a match can be made if a deer is found during the investigation.

The informant told Fish and Game to look for the owners of an older, jacked-up pickup truck with a loud exhaust system.

Anyone with information about a truck matching this description in the area around the South Fork or Fall Creek on the afternoon or evening of October 20 may call the Citizens Against Poaching hotline at 1-800-6342-5999. Callers may remain anonymous and rewards are given for information that results in a citation.

Idahohunter
Spike
Spike

Post by Idahohunter » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:46 pm

What a bunch of A-holes. I hope they get caught!
"If a man isn't as good as his word, what good is he?"

wilecoyote76
Spike
Spike

Post by wilecoyote76 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:34 pm

Yeah, this kind of crap pisses me off to no end. I hope they catch them and punish accordingly. Freakin' poackers suck!

brn2hunt
4 point
4 point

Post by brn2hunt » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:20 pm

not cool at all
"Ne A La Chasse"

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:02 am

:nono: :>/ :>/

Unfortunatly it happens often. :>/ :>/ :>/
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

deerhunta