BLACK MAGIC????????????

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
6x7
Fawn
Fawn

Post by 6x7 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:56 pm

I hate to say it but i think your buck is dead look at the dead buck pic it has no eye gaurds the live pic you took or somebody else took he has two eye gaurds the pic in the video the buck has one eye gaurd on the passengerside .All three bucks look the same to me just looks like his eyegaurds broke off by the time he was killed and all the blood sucked up so the horns are not as massive looking.

bowhuntercop
Spike
Spike

Post by bowhuntercop » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:05 pm

Last time we seen was just after the archery hunt. Havent heard of him much since then. He is still alive and well. we think that he is just about 6 years old so he should live for several more years.

NONYA
Monster
Monster

Post by NONYA » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:06 am

Two different deer.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:06 am

6x7

Not him, different deer as stated and he is Alive after hunts were over.

new2this
Fawn
Fawn

Re: BLACK MAGIC????????????

Post by new2this » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:37 am

This buck is NOT Black Magic.

How do I know?? Because I am the guy in the picture..

Anyway, there is quite a story behind this particular buck, but I passed on Black Magic several times on the opening week of the hunt. I could have had him a number of times, but I just didn't like the look of him, and wanted a big typical. Black Magic was just plain "ugly".

So, this particular buck we named "Tan Magic."

Tan Magic was in an area about 10 miles to the south of Black Magic. So, I went back for a second week of hunting in this new area, and saw Tan Magic several times, and again just passed on him because he was just "ugly." Plus we had seen several nice typicals, and one in particular that was just totally off the charts huge, my DREAM BUCK. Anyway, I had a few different chances at my monster, and I just blew it, buck fever I guess. Been practicing ALL SUMMER, for that ONE opportunity, and when it showed up, I blew it.. Still kickin myself if you can't tell.. I can't believe it.. But, anyway, we had seen Tan Magic several times, and I even stalked in on him one day, just playing around, and I got to within about 25yds of him, before he took off. Just didn't like him..

So, on the last day of my hunt, and right after I blew my opportunity on the monster, we get word that Tan Magic is bedded.. Right in the same spot that I had stocked in on him before. Doyle asked me if I wanted him, and I was so disgusted at myself for missing the big one, that I was in a daze, and I said, "sure, that's what we're here for I guess." So, Tan Magic was bedded in the sage brush, and you could just see the tips of his Left Side above the brush. I had told Doyle that if his right side was as strong as his left, that I'd have more seriously considered him earlier in the hunt. Anyway, there he was, wind was in my favor, and I had done the dress rehersal the day before. So, Doyle got his camera set up, and wished me luck, and I stalked into about 30 yards, he stood up, facing straight towards, I drew back, and hit him right at the base of the neck. He ran about 80 yards and piled up, right where we took the pictures.

As far as I know, the whole hunt will be on Doyles Mule Deer video that will be released this spring. Doyle had his camera running on my "monster" opportunity, so he may have that on the video as well, so you guys can see my DREAM BUCK, and the harvesting of Tan Magic.

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:11 am

new2this, First of all Welcome to MuleyMadness. :thumb
Thanks a bunch for sharing your hunt with us. Any idea which Mossback DVD your hunt will be on?
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:23 am

great story! sounds like it was the hunt of a lifetime :thumb

Buckmaster
4 point
4 point

Post by Buckmaster » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:32 am

Great story 10sign: and congrats :thumb
"I love it when a plan comes together"
<-------<<<

My Photo page
http://www.muleymadness.com/gallery/v/m ... uckmaster/
http://www.badlandspacks.com/

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:44 am

new2this

First off, ::wel and thanks for joining and telling us about your hunt.

Where you from?

If the 'monster' you missed was very near Black Magic I know the exact buck your talking about? And he is truly a MONSTER!!

Is Black Magic Ugly? YEP, I'd still love to tag him. :)

Couple other guys beside you tried.

Congrats on Tan Magic, he is a cool buck and that left side is AWESOME.

Have any more pics of him to share with us?

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:51 pm

so brett, have you ever got pics seen tan magic? i just ask cause it's sounds like the same general area and you get tons of cactus buck on your cameras