a couple 08 southern utah archery bucks!

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
HighLander
Monster
Monster

Re: a couple 08 southern utah archery bucks!

Post by HighLander » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:31 pm

Couple of great bucks there....congrats to the both of you.
ALWAYS CHECK YOUR ARROWS BEFORE SHOOTING.......TRUST ME!!

6x6 bull
3 point
3 point

Post by 6x6 bull » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:49 am

Ox now you can concentrate on that moose tag. Those don't come along every year you know. Good Luck!!!!!!

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Post by The Ox » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:02 pm

johnyutah5 wrote:Two very nice bucks. Thanks for sharing the pics. I don't know about everyone else but I would love to hear the stories of how it went down.
well the story is not really great but ill give it a shot not a lot of time to write but ill give a quickie
well it was 3 days before the end of the hunt missed a couple nice bucks already including a 24+ inch 4 pt anyway i knew of an area where some bucks would bed down and my buddy told me he seen a nice one in there. so i went and snuck in and around the area it was really tall brush so ya gotta keep a sharp eye out well he jumped outta his bed 20 yards out and stood behind a tall brush and all i could see was his eyes and rack i drew back wait until i couold tell where his body was and flung one threw the sage brush he was behind it was close to dark and i was sure i hit him so i called my buddy to come help track and i waited 20 minutes by myself til it was almost dark snuck up to were he was standing and searched for blood and my arrow for a breif time. i had forgot my flashlight so i snuck outta there an got to my truck when my buddy got there. it was close to an hour after i shot. we went back and searched for my arrow for a good half an hour could not find it but i found a spec of blood we started trackin. after 30 yards he opend up wide and was squirting blood everywhere! most blood i have ever seen! we track and we got to a fence line and lost the blood we searched and searched and serached and decided maybe he back tracked back down the blood trail well sure enough he did he went back up the blood trail about 15-20 yards and cut off another direction til he hit a fence then back tracked again he did that about 3-4 times finally there he was! dead as dead. i looked at hes bases and how nobby they were and how bladed his eye guards were then my buddy notcied how long the hair on his velvet was and the lighter color of velvet and i said i think this is a stag. well i went to cut the nuts off and sure enough all there was was 2 peanut sized balls so this buck was kinda a stag. but anyway thats how it went down.

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Post by sneekeepete » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:22 am

Awesome Deer!!! :thumb Not a bad story for a quick one either! I was excited reading it.
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

HighLander
Monster
Monster

Post by HighLander » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:01 am

Some great deer there...congrats to the both of you.
ALWAYS CHECK YOUR ARROWS BEFORE SHOOTING.......TRUST ME!!