utah proposed shed hunting change

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
skull krazy
3 point
3 point

Re: utah proposed shed hunting change

Post by skull krazy » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:40 pm

NotEnufTags wrote:I don't mind taking an ethics course to educate myself on the potential ills that could be created due to ignorance. I disagree with having to carry a card to pick up a shed antler. I have been intrigued with the idea of shed hunting. I'm not a shed hunter yet. Once I found a small two point shed when rabbit hunting. I'll be taking my young boys out this year to go rock hounding. If I find antlers while doing other activities and I don't have my "license" with me, I suppose I should leave a found shed where it lies? I don't think so. I also disagree with the proposed fees. A card this year may suffice. Next year it'll be $5 the following year it'll be $10 but you must first buy a hunting license. The next year you'll have to put in for a limited entry opportunity to shed hunt. I realize I'm exagerating a bit, but given the past management plans it could be a forseeable future. I sure hope not. As for now, I'd suggest taking the course and that's the end of it. No shed permits, no shed seasons.
Where did i mention a "shed season"?
There isn't one.
You can hunt sheds all year long, but from Jan thru may, you must show proof of the online course being taken, simple as that.

You want to pick up a shed while rabbit hunting? Go ahead, you already stated you'll take the course regardless....so your good to go! =D>
SKULL KRAZY
"No Bones About It"

shedcrazyUT
Fawn
Fawn

Post by shedcrazyUT » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:20 pm

(???) When will this ethics course be available on the web? Hopfully soon so I can get it over with. I will be out and about checking on the animals anyway, :thumb and I wouldn't want to have to leave any thing behind in the hills to be found by some other lucky sheder.
If you can't hunt them now, watch em till you can.

skull krazy
3 point
3 point

Post by skull krazy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:33 am

Shed Crazy wrote:(???) When will this ethics course be available on the web? Hopfully soon so I can get it over with. I will be out and about checking on the animals anyway, :thumb and I wouldn't want to have to leave any thing behind in the hills to be found by some other lucky sheder.
Not sure when it's going to be up and running, i'll find out though and let you know Shed Crazy.
And thanks for being positive about this!!! =D>
SKULL KRAZY
"No Bones About It"

*ShedPredator*
2 point
2 point

Post by *ShedPredator* » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:47 am

You don't THINK the habitat is as fragile as we say it is?
Man, ignorance sure is bliss!!

And you wonder why there are biologists and law enforecement?
This is EXACTLY why we are having the course put into place!!
wait wait wait i didn't say it like that i ment that like if someone was to run over a sage brush that it will grow back in a short amount of time and i said that i don't do that and that i would rather people either go by horseback or just walk anyways.
"to small keep drivin..."

skull krazy
3 point
3 point

Post by skull krazy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:10 pm

They are planning on having the online course up by january 1st if all the proposals are passed. =D>
SKULL KRAZY
"No Bones About It"

digger
Spike
Spike

Post by digger » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:15 pm

sounds to me like this was done as a alternitive to the northern shed season. so you guys got together and found a way you can hit your honey holes earlier. If I am wrong you can tell me. I do shed hunt northern at times to but I'd rather wait for the season than get a permit to walk on public land.
if you get off the 4 wheeler you might see some deer

skull krazy
3 point
3 point

Post by skull krazy » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:14 pm

digger wrote:sounds to me like this was done as a alternitive to the northern shed season. so you guys got together and found a way you can hit your honey holes earlier. If I am wrong you can tell me. I do shed hunt northern at times to but I'd rather wait for the season than get a permit to walk on public land.
Are your serious digger? lol
You really think we all got together to find a way to hit our honey holes earlier?
I can't beleive i even replied to this!! zzz

Think about it dig....now YOU can hunt your northern sheds without having to break a law by going in early.......i'll stay down in central and south where i have been going all these years.
As for the other committee members, more than half don't even hunt sheds and 3 of them are DWR law offers!

Don't bother thanking us that you can go in as early as you'd like in YOUR unit!! :-$
SKULL KRAZY
"No Bones About It"

9er
Monster
Monster

Post by 9er » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:19 pm

skull,

can i thank you for your work on this!!

Im sure you took time away from work/family for the benefit if the deer/elk herds 10sign: 10sign:

i for one am happy it passed, and yes i do hunt the northern area, but know i actually might find something, unlike that past few years when the law breaking dumb asses would pick them up anyway

thanks again

9er
Watch your top knot!

skull krazy
3 point
3 point

Post by skull krazy » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:28 pm

Thank you 9er!
We want your feedback on these changes as well, and PLEASE "police yourselves" and turn in the law breakers!!

When you take your online course, give me feed back on it to pass along to the committee so we can tweak it if needed. :thumb
SKULL KRAZY
"No Bones About It"

digger
Spike
Spike

Post by digger » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:33 pm

i have never shed hunted in northern before the season started. I dont think you should accuse people of breaking laws for no apparent reason. as for that I am done on this subject we all have a right to our opinion and I feel that i've voiced mine. I dont feel like i've attacked you in any way. so don't attack me or accuse me of anything.
if you get off the 4 wheeler you might see some deer