Muleys around Enterprise

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
CaHntr
Spike
Spike

Muleys around Enterprise

Post by CaHntr » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:23 pm

I have never hunted around Enterprise but have been told about it from a few people. Can anyone give me any insight of the area? Is there an area called Cougar Knolls? I assume it is a general zone. Is it any good? Thanks

HUNTIN FOR LIFE
2 point
2 point

Re: Muleys around Enterprise

Post by HUNTIN FOR LIFE » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:59 pm

Its great if you like huntin bucks that are small 4pts and smaller. and dont mind hunting were you can see 30 people in the same canyon hunting the same tiny buck you are.
INSANITY! Is doing the same thing over & over again and expecting a different result!

Elko
2 point
2 point

Post by Elko » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:41 pm

This year was a joke. I live in Enterprise and had two deer shot right behind my house. If I hadn't have been out hunting myself I would have had to shoot back. My wife was scared to death. They shot two deer out of the field in front of my in-laws house and the fish and game was able to catch one of them and confiscate the mighty spike. It is getting worse each year. Their are a lot of people just driving the fields around town and from my back yard I could see a huge deer camp and all they did was drive the roads. I won't mention what state they were from so as not to offend any posting on this one. I have talked to several locals who found dead deer shortly after the hunt that weren't far from the road but people must have thought they missed and they didn't even go check for blood. They just don't care if there are houses close by either. I agree with huntin4life that if you want to kill a 2 point or other small buck it is a great place. In my family we almost filled all our tags and the closest one to Enterprise was about 25 miles. You either have to hunt the fields and hills close to town or the cedars are thicker than heck. I bet you can't tell it bothered me a little this year. On the Sunday of the hunt I was watching a guy chase a spike that was about 50 yards behind my house and directly between me and the hunter. After a little talk with the warden I didn't see him again. Maybe the spike will make it until next year. Good luck. Send me a p.m. if you want any more info I would be glad to help out with what I can.

CaHntr
Spike
Spike

Post by CaHntr » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:12 am

Thanks for the info. That is not the type of hunting that I am looking for. A friend of a friend was telling me of an area outside of Enterprise. He was not able to find it on the map for me. He did say it was close to Nevada border and something of Cougar Knoll or Cougar something. Thought maybe I could get some info on that. I was going to try and find it when I got drawn for 2007, but ended up hunting out of Junction, Utah. I shot a decent 4x4.