BIG BUCK?

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
bonehead
4 point
4 point

BIG BUCK?

Post by bonehead » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:36 am

Hi every one its been a while. So this year is like every other, the hunts coming up quick me spending every minute I can trying to pattern the buck of my dreams. Little or no sleep thinking about all the what if's. So last night I go to see how the big boys are doing and they just don't show up "NOT LIKE THEM". So I guess my question to all of you guys is does this just happen to me every year or do you guys have the same issue.
I guess that's what's so fun about it "JUST KEEP CHASING THE DREAM"
P.S. I'm not losing hope just yet. :thumb

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Re: BIG BUCK?

Post by sneekeepete » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:56 am

There are so many factors that could have kept your boys from showing up you never know. I beleive that this happens to everyone by the way. It is possible that somthing had them spooked so they just hung tight. Weather can change their patterns a lot too and deer are much more aware of the weather than we are so that may have had somthing to do with it. There could be more pressure from other people scouting in the area as well which would make them more wary and keep them in cover longer. There are so many factors like I said before it is hard to tell but I would be willing to bet that they aren't far from where you normally see them. Just keep up the hard work and hope for luck to be on your side and I'll bet they will turn up for you again.
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

ICMDEER
Spike
Spike

Post by ICMDEER » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:59 am

I agree wholeheartedly. They are there, just not in sight last night. They may have gotten "bumped" or maybe they just changed patterns a bit. But this time of year, they have not gone far. You'll find them again.

GATOR
Fawn
Fawn

Post by GATOR » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:06 am

I don't think they would change their pattern yet(no rut, no archery season yet, no change in food, ect) But pressure from other hunters scouting them could change where they move to, I too think they are still close by the next few days will tell if they was just bumped or have moved because of pressure.

HUNTIN FOR LIFE
2 point
2 point

Post by HUNTIN FOR LIFE » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:57 pm

ive been watch a few groups of deer for a few year now and they all seem to move right around the end of july first of aug. it seems that once that first heavy rain fall hits around that time of year they move alittle bit. they dont seem to go far and usually will end up back in the same place by the middle of the bow hunt. well hopefully u can find them before the hunt starts.
INSANITY! Is doing the same thing over & over again and expecting a different result!

The Ox
Monster
Monster

Post by The Ox » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:12 pm

happens every year to me. i agree with all the other posts

bonehead
4 point
4 point

Post by bonehead » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:42 pm

Well I spent a hour with them last night all is well.
they started to move a little/change their pattern but still in a spot that is ok to hunt.
ps got some nice video.

79Ford
Monster
Monster

Post by 79Ford » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:54 pm

bonehead wrote:ps got some nice video.
So where is it?

Congrats on finding them again. It doesnt happen to me because I just never have time to drive the 3 hours each way to check out my hunting area. That and by the time the rifle hunt came around they would be long gone anyways. I wish I could justify it not being a waste of time, someday maybe.

bonehead
4 point
4 point

Post by bonehead » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:24 pm

I want to post video, I do but it has bit me in the hind end showing off and animal slash area before.
but on the other hand, maybe I can find a little clip for all you boys.../girls. :thumb tonight.
P.s. Dont tell a soul were he is at Thanks :-$