Paunsagaunt Info.

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
BkPk4BUCKS
Fawn
Fawn

Paunsagaunt Info.

Post by BkPk4BUCKS » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:07 am

April of 2010 came with words I was unfamilar with in the life of Utah DWR. "successful" without the un in front of it! So heres the situation, I drew the paunsagaunt rifle tag, after 12 years I literally didnt know wether to laugh or cry. At any rate with that much time invested I want to make sure and complete all my homework and pre hunt checklists and ultimately have a great end result.
So I'm calling on my fellow mule deer fanatics that have any info whatsoever on the unit. I have previous experience on hunts down there from my grandpa's rifle hunt in 02 and my dad's muzzleloader in 03, I have also conducted two scouting trips so far this year with a few more in the works before the opening morning. I would be more than grateful for anybody that would be willing to share what they know about the unit and deer heard, while The migration will be the major factor in my hunt I'm looking for any specifics on migration routes and corridors the heard uses as they come off the plateau heading south? water spots, canyons, roads, points, etc... any info would be much appreciated, PM or reply to post or any other form of contact is fine with me.

Thanks for your time and Happy Hunting!

jdh
Spike
Spike

Re: Paunsagaunt Info.

Post by jdh » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:16 pm

With the hunt starting later in October, I would focus on the areas you are familiar with when you hunted with a muzzleloader. You should be in for a great hunt.

jdh
www.muleyphotos.com

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:56 pm

Agreed with the hunt moving back, most of the bucks will likely have all moved off top either in transition to the southern end or already there. I know the north end better, but honestly don't think the bucks will still be around then. The cold and freezes will push them south, should be a good time with a good number of bucks seen I would imagine.

BigBrownATT
Fawn
Fawn

Post by BigBrownATT » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:26 pm

hey shoot me a pm i could probably give you some good info i live right in kanab