Utahs Declining deer herd

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
Danthe2pointmuleyman
Spike
Spike

Post by Danthe2pointmuleyman » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:14 am

Hey,

well the reason i say that mule deer is easier for most is because how many trophy hunters are there? i see quite a few spikes and two points taken out and those boys just prop em up in their trucks an brag bout it. Not that there is anything wrong with smaller deer but anybody can go up and see a muley. Elk on the other hand is a longer drive up and more hunting involved to even see a spike. If u compare the trophies taken out i think they are about the same and i respect both animals. Anyhow thats my thoughts on it.
Happy Trails

shedhunter
Spike
Spike

Trophy Muleys

Post by shedhunter » Thu May 20, 2004 12:24 am

I laugh at the saying of no big muleys around any more! That is a bunch of rubbish and every one knows it! Big bucks are hard to come by and lets face it, most guys don't have the time nor money to consistantly harvest trophy muleys. This doesn't mean they are a thing of the past. I do agree that more and more hunting trophy animals is becoming a rich mans sport. There just aren't tons of four points roaming the woods like there were "back in the day" but there hasn't been a year go by that I haven't seen a monster buck on public land on a general hunting unit. It may not be on the hunt, but there are still a few brutes roaming the forest! Maybe there is one out there just waiting to be scouted, will you find him????? Cause if not, maybe some guy from out of state will luck on to him, not ever having been in the area!
~shedhunter~